Google Camera

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Somerimes, when I take a photo, it takes it IN MOTION mode, even if that setting is off.
What could I be doing to make that happen? Not holding the Camera steady? Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're sure the Motion option is turned completely off, and not on Automatic, right?

Are you pressing and holding the shutter release button? That might be causing the camera to take a burst shot.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You're sure the Motion option is turned completely off, and not on Automatic, right?

Are you pressing and holding the shutter release button? That might be causing the camera to take a bursthh shot.

The Motion option is OFF. Actualy, because I can only use one hand, I've been using the SOUND UP/DOWN buttons for the SHUTTER and my hand is not that steady.
You may be right about the burst shot I don't hear the shutter click and wait for the screen BLINK to show me that the photo was taken. Sometimes it works properly.
I'll try to pay close attention to the problem and experiment with some test photos. I hope you're right and the problem is that I'm too casual with the process. Thanks for the tip.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I just tested it on my 3 XL -- even with Motion turned off, pressing the volume button longer than a quick tap could certainly cause it to record a burst photo or short video.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I just tested it on my 3 XL -- even with Motion turned off, pressing the volume button longer than a quick tap could certainly cause it to record a burst photo or short video.

Thanks. That was the problem. I tested it by taking many test photos and you're right. That's been my problem. I forgot that there was a burst option. I had never used it intentionally before. I can't thank you enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa