Returning my P3

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
I like the phone and the size of the smaller P3, but the battery life has been abysmal. Just ordered a new P2XL since they are down to $699. I wasn't constantly throwing old my P2XL on a charger.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Good Luck. The only advantage I can see to downgrade from a 3 to a 2 is the warranty. You will be getting 2 full years of manufacturers warranty instead of 1.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
The two-year warranty will be nice, I don't really see a huge improvement in the camera between the 2 and 3 as well. I'm very interested in the 6T but night pics don't look so hot and I don't want to leave Project Fi.

legion125

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
PIE seemed to meswith everyones battery mgmt for a short time and then finally cleared up and got longer life. At least thats how it was with mine.

miller7796

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
So, nevermind. I determined that it was the NordVPN app that was causing the excessive drain. It showed up for the first time today in the battery usage section of settings. I uninstalled it this morning and have seen a noticeably slower battery drain. Still faster than I would like at a couple % per hour with little screen time, but better than what it was. Canceled my return.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it'll get better over time.
So, nevermind. I determined that it was the NordVPN app that was causing the excessive drain. It showed up for the first time today in the battery usage section of settings. I uninstalled it this morning and have seen a noticeably slower battery drain. Still faster than I would like at a couple % per hour with little screen time, but better than what it was. Canceled my return.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Plus the ability to opt out of gesture navigation on Pie.

That could be temporary and they remove it, but it could also go in the other direction where they add it back in to the 3.
Me personally,. I like the gestures but it would be nice if people had the option.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Glad you're staying.... Today was a sad day for me. Had to box up my Panda because it got sold. The guy bought it from me got a great deal on a mint 128.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm still Debating doing the
trade with my P2 xl I have the kit just haven't sent back anyone know how long you have

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I really wish they had a panda this year.

Yeah..me too sort of but I think that would have been problematic because it's one piece of glass. I do like the clearly white but there's not enough distinction between the mat in the gloss especially if you put a clear case over it. I just put a clear slickwrap on it and it looks pretty good but now the back is all shiny and
All you see a line between the two finishes but for the most it looks like one big gloss finish. I think they're not pink has more of a distinction between the two finishes because of the color and definitely the just black has the most distinction or contrast between finishes. After I bought the clearly white the not pink started to grow on me a bit but I'm still glad I got the white. Because it's barely pink it doesn't look that feminine. I think it's more of a coral type color.
I really wish they would have made a mint like what's speculated early on I think that would have been great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non