Commute time on always on display

kevin_nj

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Should this update based on current location? Because mine does not. I'm talking about the estimated commute time to/from home/work. Mine always shows the time between the two locations if I were to leave the one location at that time; it does not take into consideration my current location.
I do have location permissions enabled for Maps & the Assistant.
I'd like to know if my phone's behavior is by design or I'm missing something.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I work from home and I still get a Commute Time between my home and a store where I often shop. I find that amusing and I haven't found a way to turn that off.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Should this update based on current location? Because mine does not. I'm talking about the estimated commute time to/from home/work. Mine always shows the time between the two locations if I were to leave the one location at that time; it does not take into consideration my current location.
I do have location permissions enabled for Maps & the Assistant.
I'd like to know if my phone's behavior is by design or I'm missing something.

I also have this happen to me. It seems to me that they haven't figured out a way to have it update in real time when you are on the move. I have seen that it will say that it will take me 1 hour and 14 minutes to get home despite the fact that I have already made it home. However, I notice that there is a notification in the notification shade of this information and when I remove that it removes the information from the "At A Glance" part of my home screen.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It's not AOD, its actually just a regular notification that ends up displaying on AOD. If you set your typical commute departure time in google maps, it will display around that time.

Screenshot_20181130-073714_2.png

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I work from home and I still get a Commute Time between my home and a store where I often shop. I find that amusing and I haven't found a way to turn that off.

Yup, I work from home and Google is always trying to get me to add my Work address or they give me commute times to my house. I've turned off as many settings as I can find associated with home/work/commute and yet Google still sends me commute info.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't sound like you need commute information if you always work from home. You could just use the google traffic sub-app to give you an ETA/traffic info to your house from your current location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez