Pixel stand

GNX231

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I wondering if it's bad to put my pixel 3xl on the pixel stand even if it's not needing to be charged? I noticed last night my pixel was at 90% battery when I put it on the stand.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No, it's not bad. The stand can do more than charge the phone. Once it charges to 100% it won't keep trying to charge your phone.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Double tap to wake stops working.

Totally agree with all the bugs. I have another bug that really almost making it a deal breaker where when my pixel 3 xl connects to my cars Bluetooth sometimes when I make a call or receive one the other end of the call cannot hear me. Only way to fix it is to restart the phone. Seriously how can a $1000 plus phone have so many issues.

Pixel and Bluetooth don't work well together. That's something I learned with the original Pixel XL. I tried again using the Pixel 3 XL with my car's Bluetooth (Mazda 3), lo and behold, calls won't connect.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Just so people reading this thread and considering the Pixel might think that Bluetooth doesn't work reliably, here's my experience. So far I have had no problems connecting with 3 different cars, 2 different Bluetooth wireless headsets, my Canon Color ImageClass Laser Printer, my Canon InkJet printer, 3 different Windows 10 PC's, 2 different Google tablets, my wireless Pixel Stand, and my brand new Phonak Audeo Marvel hearing aids which use Bluetooth to connect hands-free throughout the day to my 3 XL phone for calls and to stream from my Google Play Music subscription. I use Bluetooth connectivity constantly throughout the day and I rely on it to just work.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Just so people reading this thread and considering the Pixel might think that Bluetooth doesn't work reliably, here's my experience. So far I have had no problems connecting with ... my wireless Pixel Stand...

Your Pixel Stand has Bluetooth?

Off topic - does your Pixel Stand display now playing when using Google Play Music. Mine is super buggy and mostly fails with Play Music and Spotify, yet no problems with now playing on Pocketcasts (least useful since podcast content doesn't change every +/- 4 minutes like music). Really wish this feature would work properly.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
That's good to know, as I now have the Pixel Stand on my work desk and place my phone on it so it can be used as a photo stand as well. I was worried about it always being charged. However, should I not charge my phone overnight as well?

Thanks,

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know, as I now have the Pixel Stand on my work desk and place my phone on it so it can be used as a photo stand as well. I was worried about it always being charged. However, should I not charge my phone overnight as well?

Thanks,

Does your photo frame feature stop working after about 15 or so minutes? Mine does and it's so annoying... I love the feature on my work desk.

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Does your photo frame feature stop working after about 15 or so minutes? Mine does and it's so annoying... I love the feature on my work desk.

I haven't had my phone on the stand for that long of a time to see if it does stop working. However, I do notice that sometimes photos will start, other times, it will just be on my clock. It's not always consistent.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had my phone on the stand for that long of a time to see if it does stop working. However, I do notice that sometimes photos will start, other times, it will just be on my clock. It's not always consistent.

Just a reminder that the stand doesn't play pictures in the dark. Yes, someone didn't realize initially.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice if they'd just let users set hours for the photo display and/or provide an easy toggle on/off. Indirect lighting at night isn't enough for the PS to launch photo display. (Indeed, it would be nice to have a quick toggle (or any way) to turn the PS ambient display on/off too.)

...adding, being reminded of the lighting issue by Mike Dee's post @9, on a hunch I set a lamp on next to my phone/PS last night while using Spotify and, low and behold, the now playing media player appeared! It worked for the usual +/-10 minutes and crashed...

~~~

Edited add: I put a timer on the PS Spotify now playing media display and it shuts down after exactly 10 minutes. Tested a second time with same result - shuts down & goes to ambient display exactly 10 minutes in. So, different from the photo frame shut down, which is random in length.

Last edited:

Emperor

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

Just so people reading this thread and considering the Pixel might think that Bluetooth doesn't work reliably, here's my experience. So far I have had no problems connecting with 3 different cars, 2 different Bluetooth wireless headsets, my Canon Color ImageClass Laser Printer, my Canon InkJet printer, 3 different Windows 10 PC's, 2 different Google tablets, my wireless Pixel Stand, and my brand new Phonak Audeo Marvel hearing aids which use Bluetooth to connect hands-free throughout the day to my 3 XL phone for calls and to stream from my Google Play Music subscription. I use Bluetooth connectivity constantly throughout the day and I rely on it to just work.

Whew ... I was thinking the same thing. I have not experienced any connections, camera or screen issues with my Pixel 3 XL purchased via Google store. Executes everything like a champ. Good luck to those having issues. Since all the phone are still within 1 year warranty ... Google should do something via software or replacement ... IMHO.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Your Pixel Stand has Bluetooth?

Off topic - does your Pixel Stand display now playing when using Google Play Music. Mine is super buggy and mostly fails with Play Music and Spotify, yet no problems with now playing on Pocketcasts (least useful since podcast content doesn't change every +/- 4 minutes like music). Really wish this feature would work properly.

Bluetooth works fine when my 3 XL is connected to my Pixel Stand.

"Now Playing" knows very little about classical music so it's not of much use to me. I do use my Google Play Music subscription quite a bit and I have no problem with Bluetooth connectivity with my several Bluetooth listening devices.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Bluetooth works fine when my 3 XL is connected to my Pixel Stand.

"Now Playing" knows very little about classical music so it's not of much use to me. I do use my Google Play Music subscription quite a bit and I have no problem with Bluetooth connectivity with my several Bluetooth listening devices.

I think they were referring to Google Play Music displaying now playing, not Now Playing

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I think they were referring to Google Play Music displaying now playing, not Now Playing

Capitalization of the words "now playing" to "Now Playing" appear to create different meanings. How would you define them?

I understood that he was directly asking me an off-topic question about the failure of "now playing" to respond with the accurate identification of a currently playing piece of music. I responded that "now playing" wasn't of much use to me as I'm a classical musician and the "Now Playing" database is almost entirely about pop music. (Did I get the capitalization right? :) )

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Capitalization of the words "now playing" to "Now Playing" appear to create different meanings. How would you define them?

I understood that he was directly asking me an off-topic question about the failure of "now playing" to respond with the accurate identification of a currently playing piece of music. I responded that "now playing" wasn't of much use to me as I'm a classical musician and the "Now Playing" database is almost entirely about pop music. (Did I get the capitalization right? :) )

I believe he was referring to Google Play Music not displaying what was currently playing while on the stand not the now playing feature. I could be wrong but that's what I got out of it. I don't think "now playing" needs to indentfy what songs are playing on an app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty