Issues with text messages not sending - Pixel 3XL

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
As the tittle states, I am having issues in which maybe once or twice a day, when I try sending a text message with the android messages app, I get the fail notification and it does not send. The workaround is I toggle airplane mode ON/OFF, then hit to send again and it goes through.

Anyone else seen this?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
What carrier are you on? I get this issue only ever so often, but I was running into an issue where I wasnt receiving all my texts. I ended up getting a new SIM card from my carrier and havent had any problems since. If you have had your SIM card for a while(mine was about 4 years old), it doesnt hurt to get a new one.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What carrier are you on? I get this issue only ever so often, but I was running into an issue where I wasnt receiving all my texts. I ended up getting a new SIM card from my carrier and havent had any problems since. If you have had your SIM card for a while(mine was about 4 years old), it doesnt hurt to get a new one.

I'm on Sprint, and the SIM I got is new since I got the phone in November.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine says "Message not sent. Tap again to re-send" and I get a brief flash saying the number is not formatted properly. But why does it fail two, three or four times and then send if the number is badly formatted. I've tried every format conceivable.

It happens with my Pixel 2 and Pixel 3.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine says "Message not sent. Tap again to re-send" and I get a brief flash saying the number is not formatted properly. But why does it fail two, three or four times and then send if the number is badly formatted. I've tried every format conceivable.

It happens with my Pixel 2 and Pixel 3.

Yes. It's strange. I've been reading some forums online, and there seem to be several users having this issues (mostly with android messages app). hmmm... I wonder why toggling airplane mode off/on fixes the issue.
(My issue happens occasionally)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I can give a couple more options if my first didn't help

install another message app , probably Textra seems popular see if still happening.
another is reset APN setting's and the other is uninstall stock message app and reinstall
hope one of these help

MrPhilh

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I've just experienced the same thing, I had two texts not sending numerous times until toggling airplane mode.
Not sent-toggle-sent, then again, not sent-toggle-sent.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I haven't had a fail message in two weeks. The fail was happening on my phone, my Chromebook, and all my friends' cell phones. I asked my service provider and they said me settings were wrong but couldn't tell me what settings to use. I decided they were not being honest.

But, for whatever reason, it seems to have stopped.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I haven't had a fail message in two weeks. The fail was happening on my phone, my Chromebook, and all my friends' cell phones. I asked my service provider and they said me settings were wrong but couldn't tell me what settings to use. I decided they were not being honest.

But, for whatever reason, it seems to have stopped.

What service provider are you using?

Yno

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I had that happen on two occasions for one number in particular. The first time it happened, I removed the '1' in the number in Contacts. The second time, I added the '1' back. Doesn't make sense to me, but it worked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch