¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
I'll give 4 flagships that have amazing battery life
Note 9
Huawei mate pro 20
Pixel 3 xl
1+6

We just disagree on what "amazing" means then lol :) I put all of those on the "good" level.

To me "good" is, I top it off sometimes, and then I never have to worry about it unless I'm really abusing it.

"Amazing" is, "oh darn, I forgot to charge yesterday and today, ok .. hm, I guess it's still at 40%, I'm probably good until I get home".

There's also, "great" which is between those two, but harder to define. Basically, it's better than good, but it's not knocking my socks off.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
We just disagree on what "amazing" means then lol :) I put all of those on the "good" level.

To me "good" is, I top it off sometimes, and then I never have to worry about it unless I'm really abusing it.

"Amazing" is, "oh darn, I forgot to charge yesterday and today, ok .. hm, I guess it's still at 40%, I'm probably good until I get home".

There's also, "great" which is between those two, but harder to define. Basically, it's better than good, but it's not knocking my socks off.

You know me Mario lol I have those phones except mate pro ..
Any of them I get 2 days battery but they differ with SOT between them

If you like I can provide screen shots?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
How will it address my concerns with Samsung that I pointed out in the OP?

Personally I have never experienced this "Samsung Lag after X months", but take that with a grain of salt as I noticed that most reviewers who say this are in the US where they experienced the Snapdragon Samsungs, and most users who dispute this are those from elsewhere using Exynos versions, and I am in a place where we get Exynos.
However recently, even US reviewers are praising the S9 generation as being totally lag free even after months. So take that as you will.

VX-VT

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Update: got the Pixel 3, along with Google's wireless charger and case. Will write about my impressions and thoughts in a week or two.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I had an iPhone XS Max before I picked up my Pixel 3 XL. It was a good device, but it wasn't great. iOS is stale. It cost too damn much. The low light photos aren't nearly as good as the Pixel. In fact, you get unlimited storage of photos and videos at the resolution you shot them on for 3 years. You don't have to pay for iCloud anymore. I'm glad I went with the Pixel over the iPhone.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I currently own both the Iphone X and the Pixel 3 and I love both of them. The Pixel just does the job without any BS. The IpX is also great. One thing I like about the Iphone X is that both speakers work on calls, not just the bottom one like the Pixel 3. Also, the resolution is better on the Iphone X. I also have an Apple watch, for which I need the Iphone X. You can't go wrong with either.

VX-VT

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Now that I had the Pixel 3 for a few days, here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I did play with the S9 and the iPhone XS in-store before acquiring the Pixel 3.

- Plethora of settings and features vs iOS. Love the fact that I can organize the home screen whichever way I want vs iOS's "no gaps grid" layout.
- Camera.
- Rapid wireless charging.
- Google Assistant is much more practical.

Dislikes:
- No face/eyes login options of any kind.
- Google Assistant is missing some of the features of the Google Home devices. Notable for me is setting a Radio Alarm.
- Battery discharges faster than expected.
- Back-facing fingerprint reader is nice. But I often unlocked my iPhone 6 while it was sitting on the table, and the only way to unlock the Pixel 3 is to lift it. Wit no face/eye unlock of any kind, it's a bit awkward.
- Reminders not going off. Doesn't matter if set via Google Assistant or manually.
- Default email client mail is severely delayed or syncs at completely random times.

Will update more later on, in the meantime, feel free to comment on something I may have misunderstood under the "dislikes".

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Now that I had the Pixel 3 for a few days, here are my initial thoughts and impressions. I did play with the S9 and the iPhone XS in-store before acquiring the Pixel 3.

- Plethora of settings and features vs iOS. Love the fact that I can organize the home screen whichever way I want vs iOS's "no gaps grid" layout.
- Camera.
- Rapid wireless charging.
- Google Assistant is much more practical.

Dislikes:
- No face/eyes login options of any kind.
- Google Assistant is missing some of the features of the Google Home devices. Notable for me is setting a Radio Alarm.
- Battery discharges faster than expected.
- Back-facing fingerprint reader is nice. But I often unlocked my iPhone 6 while it was sitting on the table, and the only way to unlock the Pixel 3 is to lift it. Wit no face/eye unlock of any kind, it's a bit awkward.
- Reminders not going off. Doesn't matter if set via Google Assistant or manually.
- Default email client mail is severely delayed or syncs at completely random times.

Will update more later on, in the meantime, feel free to comment on something I may have misunderstood under the "dislikes".

Radio alarm?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes, believe it or not, some people still prefer those over anything else.

Mine wife does. There are not many phones that have radio capabilities and some that do are disabled by the carrier. Also they need earbuds plugged in that work as an antenna. There are some music/radio streaming apps that allow an alarm. IHEART radio app allows an alarm I believe.

VX-VT

Jan 20, 2019
Visit site
Mine wife does. There are not many phones that have radio capabilities and some that do are disabled by the carrier. Also they need earbuds plugged in that work as an antenna. There are some music/radio streaming apps that allow an alarm. IHEART radio app allows an alarm I believe.

Yeah, so just to be clear, Google Assistant on Google Home devices use TuneIn. You get stream-level quality, rather than FM quality. I would never use them over FM.

FeinP1118

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Just received my Pixel 3XL and boxed up my Note 8. Incredibly happy so far. To me Keep it Simple beats Let's Stuff as Much As Possible any day!! Setup was so easy.