Pixel 3 coming tomorrow

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
You and me both. Looks like there are more of us than I thought! I'm another ex-BlackBerry turned Pixel user.

And I recognize @Morty2264 too...I think I remember seeing him around the Essential forum as well. I took a similar route - BlackBerry to Essential to Pixel.

OP - you are in good company. Maybe we should start our own group: "BlackBerry fans waiting for real phones". Lol.

Hello! Yes, I was a huge lurker in the CrackBerry forums! And I was definitely in the Essential sub-forums as well... I really wanted an Essential Phone but unfortunately its bands did not match with my carrier. And so I bought a Pixel 2!

And we should TOTALLY start a BlackBerry turned Android group!

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I saw someone used the waterproof comment. Just be aware that the pixel 3 is not waterproof, despite what the marketing says. I watched several pixel deaths under water video reviews. Just don't try it

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I saw someone used the waterproof comment. Just be aware that the pixel 3 is not waterproof, despite what the marketing says. I watched several pixel deaths under water video reviews. Just don't try it

I think the post that you are referring to was that they we're waiting for a "Key" device to be waterproof.
I don't think Google ever made a waterproof claim but you're correct....it's not.

chrispmoto

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Notice I said waterproof (ish).....??!! Thanks tho, I have been pretty careful, the only time I tempt fate is when my hands are wet and I need to pick up my phone...!

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I did the same as you and went from BlackBerry to the Pixel 3. First thing I did was download all the Blackberry apps apart from the Launcher. I could never do without the BlackBerry Hub to bring everything together in one place, works perfectly. Found the BB keyboard and downloaded that too, could never manage without that either. I do miss the red notification light which all BlackBerries had and saved opening the phone to check.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi
After many years with blackberry from pure blackberry through to bb10 and blackberry android with keyone which i loved it was upgrade time and with nothing really coming bb wise ive bit the bullet and ordered a pixel 3 which will be here later today/tomorrow and am looking forward to being part of android central after many a year with Crackberry.
The one thing im considering is do i need Blackberry Hub for messaging or does the pixel have a suitable equivalent.
Thanks
Andrew

I did the same as you and went from BlackBerry to the Pixel 3. First thing I did was download all the Blackberry apps apart from the Launcher. I could never do without the BlackBerry Hub to bring everything together in one place, works perfectly. Found the BB keyboard and downloaded that too, could never manage without that either. I do miss the red notification light which all BlackBerries had and saved opening the phone to check.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non