Worth to replace battery?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
For those of you that hold on to your devices longer than a year, do you replace your battery at some point? I think UbreakIFix charges around $80 to replace battery for Pixel 3.

Is that price tag even worth it? I don't have much interest in the Pixel 4 as i enjoy the fingerprint sensor.

I'm not sure there is a way to check how healthy the current battery is...

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
I found going through battery replacement on my prior Moto XPE was not worth it. Battery performance was only slightly improved.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For those of you that hold on to your devices longer than a year, do you replace your battery at some point? I think UbreakIFix charges around $80 to replace battery for Pixel 3.

Is that price tag even worth it? I don't have much interest in the Pixel 4 as i enjoy the fingerprint sensor.

Yeah it's worth it for that price, this link for battery health checker.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Accubattery also has a battery health option. I'm going on closer to a year of having the device and an at 97 percent on battery health. Still get 5 hours or more of screen on time per charge.

Have never replaced a battery. Usually I'm at the 2 to 3 year mark before it starts being super noticable on not holding a charge.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
you might want to see if there is a youtube video on replacing the battery. maybe you can make it even cheaper if you could do it yourself. otherwise, imo, it is really not worth replacing the battery.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
You can ask Google assistant "what's wrong with my battery" and she'll check your battery health. Her response is kinda vague- for me she's always said, "your battery looks fine." and then she tries to see what the problem is.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you keep to 45%/99%, the battery should last at least a few years. If you keep dropping it down to 20% or less, it won't. (And if you keep dropping it to 0% [which some people do], it won't last more than a few months.)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

I have a 2015 MXPE that I retired when I bought my pixel, but I still use it to sync my Fitbit to, and keep it updated and charged and use it once in awhile because I like it. Like Rukbat suggested I never ran it down super low, kept it topped off, and the battery still lasts almost as long as brand new, there's not enough of a difference to matter.

I do that with all my devices and I always upgrade before I have any battery issues..... and I normally keep my phones 3+ years before upgrading. You have a lot more control than you realize over the lifespan of your batteries ;-)