Prevent rotation of gesture navigation (pixel 3a)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I like the gesture navigation on my pixel, but when I open a landscape oriented app it rotates too, making backing out quickly difficult.
Is there a way to make it so when my screen rotates the gestures stay along the bottom edge of my phone (where the charger is) instead of turning to the side? I'd really like for a swipe from the charger to always do the same thing.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
There's no way of doing this that I'm aware of. However the gestures are the same, the "side" becomes the bottom and the "top/bottom" the side. I think you may just need to get used to it, it was a bit of learning curve for me but I really wanted to use gestures. You could always right the device, rotate it back to what you're used to, and then navigate from there.

Unless I'm missing something from your question...

This link will help you register an account so that you can respond to this thread... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with VidJunky. It can be a bit of an annoyance, since there's usually a slight lag when the screen rotates, but you have to readjust the side of the screen where you're swiping in for the Back gesture.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87