Android 12 lock screen brightness

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel 3a and was just updated to Android 12. I have the lock screen set to show the digital clock. With the update the brightness of the clock is very low and I can't find any settings to make it brighter. I do see night mode and that's not the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No problems in my 3a XL. Any power-saving modes turned on? Or is anything blocking the ambient light sensor at the top of the screen (which might cause the screen to auto-dim, thinking that you're in a very dark room)?

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
No problems in my 3a XL. Any power-saving modes turned on? Or is anything blocking the ambient light sensor at the top of the screen (which might cause the screen to auto-dim, thinking that you're in a very dark room)?

After I posted I noticed that after a few minutes it became brighter. I tested it a few times and this seems to be it's working on my phone. I would like it to be at normal brightness immediately

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I HATE this effing lock screen. Why oh why did they eff this up so badly? So I went from being able to glance at my phone and see time, temp, and charge status. Now I get these freakin' digits for the BLIND....which then dim horribly....unless I get a notification, when everything kind of gets back to normal. And I'm reading that it can't be changed. Ugh. Ready for a hack! lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I HATE this effing lock screen. Why oh why did they eff this up so badly? So I went from being able to glance at my phone and see time, temp, and charge status. Now I get these freakin' digits for the BLIND....which then dim horribly....unless I get a notification, when everything kind of gets back to normal. And I'm reading that it can't be changed. Ugh. Ready for a hack! lol

What if you just double-tap the screen (assuming you have the double-tap feature turned on)? On my 6 Pro, if I double-tap, I get my lockscreen in full brightness, along with the wallpaper in the background (as opposed to the screen with the totally black background).

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Yes, you can clearly do that. The beauty of just glancing at the phone while it's just sitting there is what is nice. I can still do that, and see the time from across two rooms. Until it dims out.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh, so you have the "Always show time and info" option turned on in the Lock Screen system settings?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89