Does the Pixel line launch too late each year?

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Strikes me that the current release cycle does them no favours. It is always after arguable 2 of the biggest launches of the year in the Note line and iPhone and that by the time the pixel lands a lot of potential customers will have already jumped.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Yep I think it is. I am an example, now on Note 10+ and probably won't look at pixel 4. But yes, brand loyalty plays a big part, but hard to imagine they are not losing customers to Samsung and apple that both cycles are before pixel.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I guess there desperation to leak the P4 indicates that it has at least occurred to them. There is also the question as to whether it is a late 2019 flagship vs an early 2020 one.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
Yep I think it is. I am an example, now on Note 10+ and probably won't look at pixel 4. But yes, brand loyalty plays a big part, but hard to imagine they are not losing customers to Samsung and apple that both cycles are before pixel.

OR - gaining customers who aren't thrilled with the iPhone or Samsung - we're talking about 3 of the biggest companies in the world so I'd guess they have some idea what they're doing.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Considering the very low sales of Pixels before (the S7 flagships from Samsung sold 3x more than the Pixel, Pixel Xl, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL combined), yes its poorly thought to release this late.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Considering the very low sales of Pixels before (the S7 flagships from Samsung sold 3x more than the Pixel, Pixel Xl, Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL combined), yes its poorly thought to release this late.
While there is some truth to some sales being lost... is it truly a significant amount? It certainly doesn't have a lot of impact to many of the regulars here but that we all ready know that pretty much. How can we accurately determine how many regular consumers Google loses by releasing late? How many have even heard of a Pixel?

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
https://www.techradar.com/news/google-pixel-4

p4.JPG

Is this too late? Is this too early? Is this right on time?
ALSO - can anybody point me to a source that shows where Samsung, Apple, or Google states they lost, or gained sales, because of their launch date?

ALSO2 "While there is some truth to some sales being lost." Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, some truth - are you kidding me. Things are true or their false, they're not some of either.

Good thing I am here to straighten you people out

Say good night Bill - good night Bill

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
https://www.techradar.com/news/google-pixel-4

View attachment 310055

Is this too late? Is this too early? Is this right on time?
ALSO - can anybody point me to a source that shows where Samsung, Apple, or Google states they lost, or gained sales, because of their launch date?

ALSO2 "While there is some truth to some sales being lost." Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, some truth - are you kidding me. Things are true or their false, they're not some of either.

Good thing I am here to straighten you people out

Say good night Bill - good night Bill
Dont go into stealth mode , I know when your up or sleeping..lol

Gnite billchat

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think they release at a good time. Right before the holiday season. Pixels compete directly with the Galaxy S class and the iPhone. I think going into the holidays is a good time to be marketing.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes for sure. This has been the case for years too. For truly neutral buyers - folks that aren't committed to iPhones or to Samsung, etc. it's too late.

Truly undecided folks get to see the new Notes, followed by the new iPhones. Then if they still didn't buy either, a month later they get to see the new Pixel.

And while normal users don't care much, most of the hardware is dated they Oct/November. Samsung will announce phones with the next Qualcomm chips 2 or 3 months later.

Google should capitalize on software announcements and announce hardware with them. That would be the ideal time.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes for sure. This has been the case for years too. For truly neutral buyers - folks that aren't committed to iPhones or to Samsung, etc. it's too late.

Truly undecided folks get to see the new Notes, followed by the new iPhones. Then if they still didn't buy either, a month later they get to see the new Pixel.

And while normal users don't care much, most of the hardware is dated they Oct/November. Samsung will announce phones with the next Qualcomm chips 2 or 3 months later.

Google should capitalize on software announcements and announce hardware with them. That would be the ideal time.

But who outside of the tech community really even follows the release calendar? I think we forget that we're not a reflection of the mass public.

Are the only phones that are bought as gifts during the holidays the ones that were announced in the Spring/Summer of 2019?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87