pixel 4 or the iphone 11

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 6T, I'v been between iOS and Android phones switching between the two. I'm debating on getting the pixel 4 or the iPhone 11.

I know they haven't officially announced the pixel 4, but honestly which one would you say is the better option putting bais aside.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's a quandary, to be sure! To be honest, I am not an Apple person but will do my very best to leave my biases out of it!

Both phones will run a smooth and clean OS - the Pixel 4 is stock Android and iOS has always been a bare-bones-and-it-works OS. Both cameras are supposed to be phenomenal but I thought I read in one of (AC's?) comparisons that the 11's camera performs better in lowlight. But really, they will both get the job done and get it done well.

Both are probably going to be pricy... And both of them will be great!

Since they are so close in features and OS as far as smoothness goes, what is more important to you? Would you prefer going to Apple and having to get all Apple products; or having to get Pixel stuff but still having some flexibility with accessories for the Pixel 4? What phone do you imagine yourself looking at, picking up, and using for the next year or two?

It's a tough choice - let us know what you decide!

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
That's a quandary, to be sure! To be honest, I am not an Apple person but will do my very best to leave my biases out of it!

Both phones will run a smooth and clean OS - the Pixel 4 is stock Android and iOS has always been a bare-bones-and-it-works OS. Both cameras are supposed to be phenomenal but I thought I read in one of (AC's?) comparisons that the 11's camera performs better in lowlight. But really, they will both get the job done and get it done well.

Since they are so close in features and OS as far as smoothness goes, what is more important to you? Would you prefer going to Apple and having to get all Apple products; or having to get Pixel stuff but still having some flexibility with accessories for the Pixel 4? What phone do you imagine yourself looking at, picking up, and using for the next year or two?

Marques or whatever his name is, that tech reviewer, does some really nice comparisons of the two (not a 4 obviously). He makes it no secret that he is Android bc of customization and ability to get different brands, but he is very fair and shows no bias in his reviews. In fact, I honestly thought he was an iPhone user until I listened to his podcast. On the end, as Morty said, it depends very much on YOU. I'll see if I can find a good vid of one of his reviews.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I have a OnePlus 6T, I'v been between iOS and Android phones switching between the two. I'm debating on getting the pixel 4 or the iPhone 11.

I know they haven't officially announced the pixel 4, but honestly which one would you say is the better option putting bais aside.
My comment above was.keant to quote you. Anyway...

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Great comment thanks.. yeah the customization and the accessories is a good point. I'll wait till Oct 15 and decide.. thank you

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Great comment thanks.. yeah the customization and the accessories is a good point. I'll wait till Oct 15 and decide.. thank you

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I think Both with be great phones but I would go with the pixel. I think that in terms of customization Apple is a little too restrictive IMO.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
iOS 13 has been garbage so far. The 11 is my first iPhone so i assume the experience appears like this, but it’s been a long time since I've had this many bugs/slowdowns on a phone. When it's not effing up it's super fast though.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
I think Both with be great phones but I would go with the pixel. I think that in terms of customization Apple is a little too restrictive IMO.

I would go for the Pixel 4 XL. The lack of the telephoto lens is compensated by super-res zoom, Night Sight is just as good as Apple’s Night Mode and can be toggled manually, and Google’s processing is still unparalleled.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I would go for the Pixel 4 XL. The lack of the telephoto lens is compensated by super-res zoom, Night Sight is just as good as Apple’s Night Mode and can be toggled manually, and Google’s processing is still unparalleled.
What does that mean? Processing. In practical and technical terms.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
iOS 13 has been garbage so far. The 11 is my first iPhone so i assume the experience appears like this, but it’s been a long time since I've had this many bugs/slowdowns on a phone. When it's not effing up it's super fast though.
Fortunately while I have heard there have been some issues, it seems most ppl's experience was not garbage. Similar to how with the Android 10 update some ppl have had(and are still having) a terrible experience bc of a few but noteworthy glitches, but for the most part, ppl are happy and the few bugs here and there are normal and will be sorted out soon.

But for those few users like you w iPhone and others w A10, that really sucks. I'm sorry you're having such an unlucky experience.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

Oh, one thing I wanted to mention. I have heard some suggest that it might be best to wait a year for the 12. That this 11 is a very solid yet unexciting generation but the 12 will have a lot of the new things. Many think that the annoying lightning charger will be totally replaced w USBC by then too.

And if it is price prohibitive, the 11 (which again, is really just a more solid version of the 10R) will still be available, perhaps even cheaper. Just a thought.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It is always funny when people say this" Wait until the next model comes out! It will this exciting feature or that exciting feature"
If people did this they would never buy another phone because next years model is sure to have a new and exciting feature.

I have the iPhone 11 pro max and Note 10+ and can't wait to get the Pixel 4 XL.....

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Waiting until October 15th is a good plan! I'm waiting to see what the Pixel 4 absolutely has to offer (because I love my Pixel 2 so much) and then I'm making a phone upgrading choice. Good luck and let us know what happens!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It is always funny when people say this" Wait until the next model comes out! It will this exciting feature or that exciting feature"
If people did this they would never buy another phone because next years model is sure to have a new and exciting feature.

I have the iPhone 11 pro max and Note 10+ and can't wait to get the Pixel 4 XL.....
I see what you're saying - but it's kind of different when the next big release is a month away. That's when I'd recommend waiting - especially if you're deciding between last year's iteration and the next release. At least if you decide you don't want the current release when it comes out, last year's iteration will be at a discount so you can snag it then. :)

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Waiting until October 15th is a good plan! I'm waiting to see what the Pixel 4 absolutely has to offer (because I love my Pixel 2 so much) and then I'm making a phone upgrading choice. Good luck and let us know what happens!

Thank you!, I will let you know. I am going to wait till the 15th and maybe some reviews

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

I agree to a point. The reason I think it's a bit different is bc of what I said:

From all accounts, the iPhone 11 is not meant to be a completely new version (I mean, that's the PR for obvious reasons, but Apple has apparently been working on 2020 for some time now). It is merely a tightened up version of the 10r. Which is good because the 10r was a good phone and people have every reason to believe that this iPhone 11 is supposed to be a solid phone of a phone that was already successful.

From all accounts, on the other hand, the iPhone 12 is supposed to be a phone significant changes.

So, yeah, it objectively makes sense for some people to buy an 11, while it objectively makes sense for others to simply wait a mere year if they are looking for exciting new game-changing features like a USB C (which is a big deal to many).

So no, there isn't always a good reason for anyone to wait and yes, there are sometimes good years for most to skip. The 11 looks great, but I don't know what the OP is looking for.

jaybotinc

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site

Also, you're kind of on a different... budget than many of us who can only go for 1 new phone every 2 years at best. I am envious of your ability to have so many phones.

But I have to ask, and this isn't rhetorical, how do you use that many same-generation phones at the same time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87