Pixel 4 is a beast?

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
https://youtu.be/auqmaqK1GTs

Saw this guys channel and thought this was a good video to showcase that phone performance really isn't represented in today's benchmarks. Truthfully, I'm sick of speed tests that only show a phone's memory management capability.

I think advertising algorithms have created a pretty heavy bias in reviews and steered traffic away from hardware sites that tend to be more objective. I didn't really pay attention to this until my wife's 3 XL always seemed to be quicker at anything process intensive vs my 6t. Anyways, I have the 4 XL now and I can see the difference when editing or sharing videos and pictures with grandparents or others.

I don't think most use their phone past much more than basic GUI, watching videos or listening to music though. Just thought this video showcased that the Pixel 4 reviews don't identify this performance gap vs other Android phones...

I800C0LLECT

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
For those not wanting to watch the video...

He transcoded a whole movie.

LG V50: 52 minutes to transcode...
OnePlus 7t: 1 hour, 17 minutes
Asus ROG II: 48 minutes

Pixel 4 XL: 24 minutes

The sacrifice is that the pixel 4 was about 10C hotter than the others. But two of them had heat pipes and the 7t is a better binned processor, 855+

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
That’s really interesting. I’m holding off making my upgrade this year until the new Samsung arrives. First year I’ve held back. But I made a promise to my wife. Lol