Pixel 4a up for pre-order.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
Oh I know who you are (were )
Nope not interested in the Note series.
Just sold my S20 yesterday.

I am for sure. Since we're required to wear a face mask in pubic in MN, Face ID on the iPhone 11 Pro Max is a hassle. The FPS on the Note will align with my current needs. :)

You getting the 4a?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely getting one. 5G speeds are garbage on my S20 (way slower than H+ on my old Lumia devices) so who cares if the phone is not 5G. Also the headphone jack is a big deal for me even though I have plenty of wireless headphones. Gotta list the 3a for sale now.
What's making you jump from the 3a to 4a?

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What are the chances Google will release other color options for the 4A in the future? Or this it? Just black? (Haha).

I've always gone for other colors on my devices but I have a feeling going forward in the year Google will dedicate its resources to more color options for the 4A 5G and/or the 5 devices Leaving the 4A as id. What do you all think?

It's kind of the only thing holding me off from buying it right now... that slight possibility for different colors. It's a bit silly but I do love my current 3A XL in White and frankly Google's version of black always has a grayish look to me.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
What are the chances Google will release other color options for the 4A in the future? Or this it? Just black? (Haha).

I've always gone for other colors on my devices but I have a feeling going forward in the year Google will dedicate its resources to more color options for the 4A 5G and/or the 5 devices Leaving the 4A as id. What do you all think?

It's kind of the only thing holding me off from buying it right now... that slight possibility for different colors. It's a bit silly but I do love my current 3A XL in White and frankly Google's version of black always has a grayish look to me.
Slap a dbrand skin on and call it a day.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Slap a dbrand skin on and call it a day.

Good point! I just checked and the 4A will be supported with the new pastel skins. With the phone in black and orange pastel it could look like the Pixel 4.

Ironically on my white Pixel 3A XL I use a black matrix skin that only covers the back of the phone which makes a cool contrast with the white borders of the phone and the exposed white fingerprint scanner. It gives it that black and white panda look.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Good point! I just checked and the 4A will be supported with the new pastel skins. With the phone in black and orange pastel it could look like the Pixel 4.

Ironically on my white Pixel 3A XL I use a black matrix skin that only covers the back of the phone which makes a cool contrast with the white borders of the phone and the exposed white fingerprint scanner. It gives it that black and white panda look.

Love the look of these phones with that dbrand slapped on... I just recently picked up new iPad and Airpods .. I have skins coming and chose the blue pastel for my Airpods case...

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Nice. I loved my Panda Pixel 2XL. Had a white skin on a black 4XL earlier this year. Right now just a clear case on my Purplish 3a.