Wife's destination shows on my Android 11 Pixel 4a

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Just got one of those "How was destination such-and-such" queries on my Pixel 4a, but it was about a destination where my wife was meeting with her horse club. I was not there and she has an iPhone not an Android. Coincidence or is something else happening?

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for moving it to the proper forum. I wasn't sure where the subject should fit cause my Pixel says it's on Android 11.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you don't share the same Google account on your phones, then ask her if she might have looked up the directions in Google Maps on a shared computer that might have had your Google account logged in.

Chuck Finley69

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
She says she is using Google Maps but I would have thought my "account" and hers would have been separate.

Somewhere you've logged both accounts into the same device concurrently or similar cross pollination event. On her device, check to see how many Google accounts show logged in.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I'll ask. But since I don't use her phone, nor v v, how could that occur?

Only thing I can think of is that her Email is a subset(?) of mine.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You don't share a computer at home? If she hopped onto a computer you were using and used Google Maps on your browser (while you were still logged in), that's another way that it could show up on your account.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Nope, checked, not on.

Wow, how strange that that happened. With two different platforms, no less! Could it be that you both went to the horse club together at some point; so your devices were "connected" at the same location at that point in time? Who knows sometimes - technology can be so peculiar!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa