Android 12 & Pixel Stand charging

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
This appears to be fixed in the December update. When I put my phone on the Pixel Stand now, I still get the lock screen but not your background...it goes dark.

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Been messing around with this as well. Using my Pixel Stand at work but a different stand from the Google store at home.

I will say, one thing I do miss about my old BlackBerry was being able to just drop it in the dock at night and Bedside Mode instantly would activate. Set it up one time and forget it. Ahh, nostalagia... (shuffles away like an old codger)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Been messing around with this as well. Using my Pixel Stand at work but a different stand from the Google store at home.

I will say, one thing I do miss about my old BlackBerry was being able to just drop it in the dock at night and Bedside Mode instantly would activate. Set it up one time and forget it. Ahh, nostalagia... (shuffles away like an old codger)

(In childs voice) What's a blackberry grandpa? Lol just kidding ;)

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
FWIW the December update didn't fix the problems I'm having with the Pixel Stand app constantly crashing when the P5 is docked. I keep hitting the report button, hoping they'll get sick of seeing my report and actually fix it.

cyndie1030

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
FWIW the December update didn't fix the problems I'm having with the Pixel Stand app constantly crashing when the P5 is docked. I keep hitting the report button, hoping they'll get sick of seeing my report and actually fix it.

I do get that periodically, too. I tried starting the clock screensaver when it was docked but when I woke up in the morning, it was back on the grayed out lock screen. I read about people getting burn-in of the Google Assistant logo so I didn't want that on there all night so went back to telling it "Screen off when dark".

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Connected Devices​, then tap the gear icon next to Pixel Stand. Make sure the Do Not Disturb While Docked toggle is off.
Thx, I will test that change tonight. My phone appears to have the latest update (none available when I check), so that will be two variable changes at once. Depending upon results, I'll turn the toggle back on so that there is only one variable at play. As cyndie1030 mentioned, the update appears to solve the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38