12-30-2021 07:01 PM
73 123
tools
    By my calendar it is December 14th and my Pixel 6 Pro is still sitting here without a December Security update. There are double digit issues with this phone and I was/am hoping Google has fixed them but sadly I will not know apparently because they cannot seem to get a security update out to people in either a timely manner or when they state it will be delivered. The launch of the 6 Pro has been the most dismal Pixel launch yet. Hey Google! Get your Crap together!!!!!
    GoNavy79 likes this.
    12-14-2021 06:14 AM
    By my calendar it is December 14th and my Pixel 6 Pro is still sitting here without a December Security update. There are double digit issues with this phone and I was/am hoping Google has fixed them but sadly I will not know apparently because they cannot seem to get a security update out to people in either a timely manner or when they state it will be delivered. The launch of the 6 Pro has been the most dismal Pixel launch yet. Hey Google! Get your Crap together!!!!!
    Installing......
    12-14-2021 06:17 AM
    got mine yesterday as well
    bkdodger2 likes this.
    12-14-2021 07:20 AM
    Go ahead and sideload it. Yeah, you shouldn't have to.....but either do it or wait.
    ezdoit and buzzy3970 like this.
    12-14-2021 07:42 AM
    For me the only way is OTA. And so far all I'm getting is "your system is up to date"
    ezdoit, kmf1 and brosko like this.
    12-14-2021 08:10 AM
    For me the only way is OTA. And so far all I'm getting is "your system is up to date"
    ^^^---SAME---^^^
    kmf1 and brosko like this.
    12-14-2021 08:25 AM
    Google purchased 6 on Verizon. No update yet. Timely updates is the number one reason I have stayed with Google phones since Nexus days. Sideloaded the November update, but if having to sideload is my new norm, I'll be switching to an iPhone. I can do it, but should not have to.
    GoNavy79 and brosko like this.
    12-14-2021 08:47 AM
    Nothing for me with Verizon 6 Pro. Must be Verizon holding it up.
    brosko likes this.
    12-14-2021 09:15 AM
    Google purchased 6 on Verizon. No update yet. Timely updates is the number one reason I have stayed with Google phones since Nexus days. Sideloaded the November update, but if having to sideload is my new norm, I'll be switching to an iPhone. I can do it, but should not have to.
    You do know that not everyone gets the iOS update on day one due to overloading the network. Would a day or 2 really kill you? I know here we always like to be first, but it it wasn't for this forum or blogs you wouldn't even know that there was a new update out. First world problems.
    Ben_70 and strikeIII like this.
    12-14-2021 09:34 AM
    Nothing for me with Verizon 6 Pro. Must be Verizon holding it up.
    Could be possible as the update log hasn't been updated for the pixel on their site.
    12-14-2021 09:35 AM
    I recognize it is a first world problem, but I am serious that timely updates was the deciding factor in my choice of the Pixel 6. I have only considered Google phones or iPhones for this reason for the last 10 years. I prefer Android and stayed under the assumption that it would continue. I don't remember if it was Android 9 or 10, but supposedly they had made the check for updates button actually do something.

Not getting the November update without having to sideload it (i don't know if that was a google or verizon issue) and now this is the start of trend that I'll need to monitor. Also, the 6 being delayed rather than leading the updates is a little troubling.

I am much more concerned with security fixes than bug fixes or feature drops.

Edited to add: My "concern" is whether I just have not been pushed the update or if there is still something screwy with the 6 on Verizon and if I will have to sideload this (and all future updates).
    12-14-2021 09:43 AM
    I recognize it is a first world problem, but I am serious that timely updates was the deciding factor in my choice of the Pixel 6. I have only considered Google phones or iPhones for this reason for the last 10 years. I prefer Android and stayed under the assumption that it would continue. I don't remember if it was Android 9 or 10, but supposedly they had made the check for updates button actually do something.

Not getting the November update without having to sideload it (i don't know if that was a google or verizon issue) and now this is the start of trend that I'll need to monitor. Also, the 6 being delayed rather than leading the updates is a little troubling.

I am much more concerned with security fixes than bug fixes or feature drops.

Edited to add: My "concern" is whether I just have not been pushed the update or if there is still something screwy with the 6 on Verizon and if I will have to sideload this (and all future updates).
    Would say it's the former. Using a 6 Pro on Verizon and have yet to receive the update although I've been abusing the update button lol. I'm inclined to think that it will appear once I stop checking if that's even possible.
    ccLuv2Cruz, mutant777 and Zedd like this.
    12-14-2021 09:57 AM
    I think you have to take it into account. This is a new phone with a new chip and Android 12 coming right out of the box.. the first couple of months are not going to be as smooth as plenty of people around these parts are accustomed ... Although it is frustrating, the good thing about having the pixel is that you can OTA sideload like some of us have done and hopefully everything falls in line timely going forward. So for now I would give it a few days and see if the OTA comes through the phone...
    Taylor Bird and Wiley_11 like this.
    12-14-2021 10:09 AM
    Installed mine last night around 23:00 UK GMT on my pixel 6 Pro.
    12-14-2021 10:21 AM
    Got my new Pixel 6 Pro Saturday. Don't have the December update either. I traded my P4XL for the 6 Pro. The 4XL had finally started to run good, real good.
    The finger print reader on my P6 Pro sucks, unless "can't read, hold longer and try again" is all it's supposed to say or do.
    If Google can't get it's act together with this phone real soon I'm going to take it back and get a Samjunk Note 20 or something.. I'm just not impressed so far one bit.
    So much for favorable reviews!
    ... and don't even think about putting a screen protector on this thing.
    Shame on Google for releasing a "Flagship" phone in this condition. I've owned the 2XL, 4XL and now the 6 Pro both the 2xl and 4xl were better than this thing at release.
    Google is using all of us as Beta Testers!
    The 6 Pro as it sits out of the box is not ready for market release other than to line Googles pockets at the consumers expense.. expensive expense at that.
    This may very well be my last Pixel product if this is the way it's going to be.
    There's an honest "UNPAID" review of the Pixel 6 Pro 3 days out of the box!
    12-14-2021 10:29 AM
    I respect your opinion, but to be honest IMO, this is the best pixel phone to date that I've had, including the 2XL and the 4XL.. I know plenty of people don't like the fingerprint sensor, but I have no issues with that as well.. but I can understand the frustration some are having with it...
    12-14-2021 10:48 AM
    I love my 6 Pro, and it has a great screen protector on it also I took my 13 pro max 512gb back for this black 256gb 6 Pro, zero regrets. Even before the December update I felt it was a great handset and experience.
    Just waiting on my dbrand parts to turn up now so I can ditch the case
    bkdodger2, Blaize19 and dakini03 like this.
    12-14-2021 10:57 AM
    I respect your opinion, but to be honest IMO, this is the best pixel phone to date that I've had, including the 2XL and the 4XL.. I know plenty of people don't like the fingerprint sensor, but I have no issues with that as well.. but I can understand the frustration some are having with it...
    Same for me. Best Pixel ever and fingerprint works well.
    12-14-2021 10:59 AM
    Nothing here yet. Unlocked UK P6 Pro. Never got the November one either.
    12-14-2021 11:13 AM
    Those who seek dis-satisfaction will always find some.

I'm still waiting, but have manage to not have hysterics over it yet, and the 500 milliseconds it takes to unlock my phone with a fingerprint doesn't bother me either.

The Pixel 6 is a very good phone at a very reasonable (by today's standards) price.
    12-14-2021 11:46 AM
    I think you have to take it into account. This is a new phone with a new chip and Android 12 coming right out of the box.. the first couple of months are not going to be as smooth as plenty of people around these parts are accustomed ... Although it is frustrating, the good thing about having the pixel is that you can OTA sideload like some of us have done and hopefully everything falls in line timely going forward. So for now I would give it a few days and see if the OTA comes through the phone...
    So you are ok with being an unpaid beta tester for Google?
    I dropped Samsung like a hot potato for doing the same thing with the Galaxy 6.
    My Pixel 6 Pro did an update right out of the box, that should be enough for it to be stable. Finger print sensor problems does not make for a stable phone, not when the Pixel 4XL's face rec. worked perfectly, for me at least.
    The 6 Pro is supposed to be a better phone isn't it? Not if you can't unlock the bloody thing!
    12-14-2021 12:54 PM
    So you are ok with being an unpaid beta tester for Google?
    I dropped Samsung like a hot potato for doing the same thing with the Galaxy 6.
    My Pixel 6 Pro did an update right out of the box, that should be enough for it to be stable. Finger print sensor problems does not make for a stable phone, not when the Pixel 4XL's face rec. worked perfectly, for me at least.
    The 6 Pro is supposed to be a better phone isn't it? Not if you can't unlock the bloody thing!
    I'm not being a beta tester on my end. I'm sorry that you're having issues with the fingerprint, but that's not the case here and there are plenty of people that don't have issues with the fingerprint, I've been good out the box and I see improvement with updates which is what I would expect from any phone ...

Edit and let me add that. I totally understand your frustration. I know I would be feeling the same way if I was having the issues that you're telling me which I believe you 100%. I also enjoyed 4XL face ID which would have been nice if they at least had a second option for everyone...
    Ben_70 likes this.
    12-14-2021 12:58 PM
    Weird still no update on my 6pro. Usually it's pretty quick and no problems. This is a pretty slow roll out....
    12-14-2021 01:00 PM
    Weird still no update on my 6pro. Usually it's pretty quick and no problems. This is a pretty slow roll out....
    I agree, making me think there may be problems with the update. My other pixel phones got the updates right away.
    12-14-2021 01:04 PM
    Same for me. Best Pixel ever and fingerprint works well.
    I really want everyone to enjoy this phone and I hope it improves for the ones having issues. It's really a shame. I know there's always some problems with any release but it'd be nice to see most everyone enjoying the phone the way it should be..
    Zedd likes this.
    12-14-2021 01:23 PM
73 123