Best Buy pick up

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
On app ..so phone was discounted $250 …they then applied the trade in …positive thing is taxes were applied after discount for savings ..
0d2c61df29d03a5efb8e09f50efdd043.jpg

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Man what a pain. Opening another line is about the only thing that would make this more simple. Still don't have the P7P activated. More than a little frustrating. Shouldn't have to call customer service who probably won't even be able to activate it and definitely shouldn't have to go into the store to get a physical sim.

Btw, haven't been over here in a while. Guess I got my wrist slapped over on MR lol
I saw that on MR! Sorry to see that! Hopefully you will get back on there soon!

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Question for all you Best Buyers.

Saw someone say that they were told they could get over $500 for the 6P with Best Buy trade in. I've been looking and can't seem to get an answer if it's online only or if we can trade in at the store. I've got an unlocked 6P and would like to know my options prior to making a decision

Thanks!!

I got $545 for my unlocked 6P. On their website, start an order for either P7 and select trade in, then either your 6P in good condition. You should see the same trade in amount, I would assume.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully the folks at your store are more competent than the folks at mine! They scared the life out of me and told me that the $250 promotion wasn't showing up on my trade in. Was there for an hour trying to sort it out ... Long story short all she had to do was continue with the process as the $295 trade-in value shows up separate from the additional $250 promo. I almost had them cancel it but thankfully a Best Buy rep from the cell phone department came up there for something else and she asked him for help and he talked her through it.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

This crap made me wish I just ordered from Google even for $65 less trade in.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

Dude...there is always something with BB. Their systems crash and causes delays. the employees don't know how to fix it or navigate through it and it takes an hour or so to get anything done.

Thie inventory system is pure crap! How can they not have stock for phone on release day? They advertised it...it said it would be vaailable on release day when it was ordered.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
@jamezr - your attitude sucks - 1st time I've ever had an issue with BB - maybe they just don't like you - yeah - let's go with that!
I'll be shutting up now...

ETA - if I reorder the same phone, I get the same deal, with a p/u date of 11/2 - might as well just wait and see what happens.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Dude...there is always something with BB. Their systems crash and causes delays. the employees don't know how to fix it or navigate through it and it takes an hour or so to get anything done.

Thie inventory system is pure crap! How can they not have stock for phone on release day? They advertised it...it said it would be vaailable on release day when it was ordered.
Bro! I was literally in there for an hour because there system was down.....after an hour he goes "let me try it manually"....what do ya know, IT WORKED!! 1 hr later..... "Get your shine box"!!!

Sent from The Woo! using AC Forums mobile app

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
@jamezr - your attitude sucks - 1st time I've ever had an issue with BB - maybe they just don't like you - yeah - let's go with that!
I'll be shutting up now...

ETA - if I reorder the same phone, I get the same deal, with a p/u date of 11/2 - might as well just wait and see what happens.

LOL...well you could be right...they probably don't like me...but it seems they are not too fond fo you either.....
No phone for you...come back on 11/2..maybe we will have it then...maybe we won't....

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
LOL...well you could be right...they probably don't like me...but it seems they are not too fond fo you either.....
No phone for you...come back on 11/2..maybe we will have it then...maybe we won't....

True...you got phone...I no got phone. Sucks to be me.

How you liking the 7 so far?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
So I'm going to tell you something funny. We were completing my order and it came up to the part where I handed my trade in and he had to grab my license and put my ID into the computer so he asked me to do it myself. So I start putting in my driver's license ID, state and all that mumbo jumbo and then it gets to the part it asked me male or female.. height, weight and all those extra stuff and I'm cursing him like wth why do you want my height and weight and all this personal stuff lmfao.. but then we thought about it after and it makes sense. They wanted to make sure they had the right info for the person who they had the driver's license for. I couldn't stop laughing... I mean I was getting ready to put 100 lb female blue eyes but then I figured maybe this will delay my order...

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
With BB saying nothing other than my phone is "delayed" I canceled the order and I ordered through Google. It is supposed to be here the 17th or 18th.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
With BB saying nothing other than my phone is "delayed" I canceled the order and I ordered through Google. It is supposed to be here the 17th or 18th.

Even though I haven't been able to get an order to clear Google lately, I did the same thing - same delivery date - time will tell - didn't cancel BB order yet.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
So I'm going to tell you something funny. We were completing my order and it came up to the part where I handed my trade in and he had to grab my license and put my ID into the computer so he asked me to do it myself. So I start putting in my driver's license ID, state and all that mumbo jumbo and then it gets to the part it asked me male or female.. height, weight and all those extra stuff and I'm cursing him like wth why do you want my height and weight and all this personal stuff lmfao.. but then we thought about it after and it makes sense. They wanted to make sure they had the right info for the person who they had the driver's license for. I couldn't stop laughing... I mean I was getting ready to put 100 lb female blue eyes but then I figured maybe this will delay my order...
100 lb female blue eyes? Got a pic? 😆

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Picked up the phone at BBY with no issue at all earlier this afternoon and Ontrac just now delivered the watch. Should be a good Friday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty