Pixel 7 pro getting warm

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Trying to determine if my 7 pro heating up is normal. My wife took a photo and then went through about every filter available. Probably 2 minutes of applying every filter. When I got the phone back it was medium warm on a scale of low, medium, or hot. My case was that warm. Might have felt hot without a case.

Does anyone else's phone heat up like that when applying filters for a couple minutes?

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Mine was running very warm for a while, but I was transferring everything over and updating/installing apps and using the camera all at the same time. It's running cooler now.

matyou98

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Phone setup completed in the afternoon, this happened in the evening. When applying filters the image has to process. Doing this for every filter one after the other caused my phone to get pretty warm. Wanted to see if that happens to anyone else or not.

Yes my phone did get very hot during the initial setup and sync, but I expected that.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
While mine got slightly hot, or warmer than just warm, during setup most phones will do this. But one thing I have noticed is that after the phone gets "hot" it cools down very quickly! I can only assume this has to do with the added thermal tape I saw on a tear down video.