7 battery life

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So coming from the 5a which had amazing battery life, I'm definitely not impressed with the 7. 3 hours screen time and I'm at 17% with the phone off the charger for 12 hours. Pathetic. I'm really wondering if 5g is a battery hog. Any others experiencing similar performance?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: 7 Pro - very poor battery life

So coming from the 5a which had amazing battery life, I'm definitely not impressed with the 7. 3 hours screen time and I'm at 17% with the phone off the charger for 12 hours. Pathetic. I'm really wondering if 5g is a battery hog. Any others experiencing similar performance?

FYI, the OP was specifically referring to the Pixel 7 Pro (although battery life should still be similar).

Can you show us some battery stats after the phone has gone from 100% down to about 30%? What app or service is using the most battery? How's your cell signal?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I moved your other post in the 7 Pro thread and merged it into this thread, along with my original reply.

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I also moved from a 5A due to my girlfriend shattering the display on my old 3axl, and when offered a pixel 7 through google fi for 399.00 is was just too hard to resist. I had zero expectations of the battery life being anywhere near what my 5A was, however initially I was disappointed as well with the overall battery performance. So about a week ago I started all over (not a reset) trying to figure it all out. My biggest drain was by far my fitbit app always trying to sync. So now I keep it off and just update a couple of times a day. I've always kept notifications at a minimum and I usually have battery saver on. I don't use that much mobile data but after the December update I was once again able to switch from 5G to LTE which may or may not have made a difference.

I have turned off smooth display and so far I really haven't noticed too much of a difference. I would like to re-enable this feature in the next few days or so. I do have adaptive battery enabled but not sure how much that helps. I am at most a moderate user and over the last 24 hours I was at 42% with about 3.6 hours of SOT which I was pretty happy with. I'm mostly indoors using the phone and keep my brightness on 75-78%. So were still getting to know each other but heading in the right direction. Even though you drained most of your battery in 12 hours I would think 7.5 hours of SOT is considerable.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: 7 Pro - very poor battery life

FYI, the OP was specifically referring to the Pixel 7 Pro (although battery life should still be similar).

Can you show us some battery stats after the phone has gone from 100% down to about 30%? What app or service is using the most battery? How's your cell signal?
I can do that certainly

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So today seems to be a better day. 3 hours screen time and 15 hours off the charger with 41% remaining. Maybe just a fluke??

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
How's that battery life doing?
Looks to be ok. Still not nearly as good as my 5a but certainly better than before. Had to have been a fluke but I'm glad it seems to have stabilized because I'm not a fan of trying to restart the phone in safe mode and one by one try to narrow down the culprit application that could be doing it that's beyond frustrating and tedious for me.

livetovacation60

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
Looks to be ok. Still not nearly as good as my 5a but certainly better than before. Had to have been a fluke but I'm glad it seems to have stabilized because I'm not a fan of trying to restart the phone in safe mode and one by one try to narrow down the culprit application that could be doing it that's beyond frustrating and tedious for me.

This is my first phone in awhile that doesn't have really good battery life, at least for me. I'm starting to except the fact that it's not my 5A, 3axl or even 2xl for that matter. I did pick up an INIU 10,000 lightweight battery pack for traveling. My battery life has been pretty good but I'm indoors most of the time and my usage isn't really heavy right now. Traveling abroad for a few weeks in the spring and that will be the real test.....that's why I picked up the battery pack. I think I'm going to need it!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt