Google customer service

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I had an iPhone that I traded in for a Pixel 7 Pro. I bought the phone on sale and my trade in value was higher than the cost of the phone with tax.

I expected a full refund to my credit card and the $22 to be a Google store credit. Instead I got $749 back on my card and $76 Google store credit?

Does anyone know why I was charged tax and not credited the full amount?

I called Google customer service and they could not answer me. They didn't have some internal support to give me an answer over the phone but will email me.

I don't understand why if they are going to email me an answer supposedly in one or two hours they couldn't just tell me over the phone?

So far the difference between Google customer service and Apple is pretty stark. If for some reason they have to charge you tax of the device and can't give you a refund to your card then shouldn't that be explained when I made the transaction?

I am pretty sure they are not going to credit my card the $62 in tax no matter what. I can use the credit to buy the tablet being released later this year but I would have liked to know in advance instead of get less than expected to my account.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone that I traded in for a Pixel 7 Pro. I bought the phone on sale and my trade in value was higher than the cost of the phone with tax.

I expected a full refund to my credit card and the $22 to be a Google store credit. Instead I got $749 back on my card and $76 Google store credit?

Does anyone know why I was charged tax and not credited the full amount?

I called Google customer service and they could not answer me. They didn't have some internal support to give me an answer over the phone but will email me.

I don't understand why if they are going to email me an answer supposedly in one or two hours they couldn't just tell me over the phone?

So far the difference between Google customer service and Apple is pretty stark. If for some reason they have to charge you tax of the device and can't give you a refund to your card then shouldn't that be explained when I made the transaction?

I am pretty sure they are not going to credit my card the $62 in tax no matter what. I can use the credit to buy the tablet being released later this year but I would have liked to know in advance instead of get less than expected to my account.
Depending on the tax regulations for the state you live in will determine how much tax you are charged. Some states only charge tax on the amount you paid for an item. Other states charge tax on the full purchase price before discounts are applied.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app

Technerd71

Dec 17, 2022
Visit site
I don't have a problem paying the tax. My trade was worth more than the phone including tax. I expected the charge for the phone plus tax to be refunded to my card and the difference to go as a Google store credit.

My charge with tax was around $811 and my trade value was $825 so I expected the $811 back on my card and the rest as a store credit. Instead I was credited $749 and the rest went as a store credit. That is what I don't understand?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I get it, lemons happen, I rated last year's Pixel 6 Pro the worst phone I've ever owned but I was more disappointed with Google's poor customer service.

Apple can't be touched but they also say that's why they charge a premium.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using AC Forums mobile app