Type-C to type-C cable.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Last year when I bought the 6P I also purchased a 6ft charging cable directly from Google. I was wondering if this same cable would give optimum charging for the Pixel as well. It does show rapid charging when I'm using it with the original Pixel charger. So, do I have to get a newer better one that will charge even faster? Or are they exactly the same?

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Post the cable URL from Google. You are probably fine using that. Google hasn't been cheap with type c cables. Charger would likely make a bigger difference, but you are using the pixels, so no big deal.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Last year when I bought the 6P I also purchased a 6ft charging cable directly from Google. I was wondering if this same cable would give optimum charging for the Pixel as well. It does show rapid charging when I'm using it with the original Pixel charger. So, do I have to get a newer better one that will charge even faster? Or are they exactly the same?

The new Pixel has USB 3.1 whereas the 6P had 2.0 using the type c port with USB 2.0. I think the charging speed from either a 3.1 or 2.0 cable will be the same. To verify you could install the app Ampere and check if there is any difference using the old cable versus the one that came in the box.

Just on a side note, the cable that came with the phone will offer much faster data transfer speeds when hooked up to the computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty