Updated firmware 552

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
The following may be of interest. I could not update after following instructions. Then I noted that I could not hear a phone call. I reset and had the update with full functionality. So there you go.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, i updated my firmware this morning as well. Hopefully this improves audio for the users who were experiencing cutout's...

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I found after the update, sound wasn't coming through my buds. Had to reset the phone, and all was fine.

I didn't have this 110 second drop issue. Just hoping the update didn't mess anything else up!

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I found after the update, sound wasn't coming through my buds. Had to reset the phone, and all was fine.

I didn't have this 110 second drop issue. Just hoping the update didn't mess anything else up!
I haven't used my buds yet, I'll update everyone once I use them at the gym soon enough. I never had the audio drop app issue myself either.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Apparently 9to5google said this is how you can get the update to push to your buds. It worked for me this time around pretty quickly by following this method.

"The update process starts by connecting the Pixel Buds to your phone. Over the course of 10 minutes, the firmware is transferred to the headphones After placing the buds in the charging case, it takes another 10 for the upgrade to occur. Both components have to be sufficiently charged.

The Pixel Buds 552 update is rolling out now and will show up under More settings > Firmware update."

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Apparently 9to5google said this is how you can get the update to push to your buds. It worked for me this time around pretty quickly by following this method.

"The update process starts by connecting the Pixel Buds to your phone. Over the course of 10 minutes, the firmware is transferred to the headphones After placing the buds in the charging case, it takes another 10 for the upgrade to occur. Both components have to be sufficiently charged.

The Pixel Buds 552 update is rolling out now and will show up under More settings > Firmware update."
Yep yep I'm your absolutely right. I just finished the 552 update on my pixel buds about 15 minutes ago.