Google Pixel Phones can't be rooted with current methods? Won't boot if system is modified?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Reading this on XDA that the Pixel phones will provide the below image if it detects any changes to the system partition:

boot_red.png

Source: Pixel Phones Not Yet Rootable with Current Methods

I think it's safe to begin to believe that the Pixel line of devices has nothing whatsoever to do with the Nexus line.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think it's safe to begin to believe that the Pixel line of devices has nothing whatsoever to do with the Nexus line.
Which makes me wonder if any other long-standing bets re. Nexus phones will be called off for the Pixels, especially regarding the beta program and the availability of factory images.

Last edited:

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can see Google making good on their promise to support the next year and half with OS updates on the 6P. Because those 6p owners just might upgrade to a Pixel in 2017 or 18.

Nothing turns a consumer away more than experiencing a company go back on its word because there's no benefit.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Interesting .. I know some people will hate this. It wouldn't matter to me since I haven't rooted in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa