what's the reason the upper 1/3 of the rear is shiny?

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: What do you guys think about the half glass half metal back

I actually don't hate it. It's weird, but it grew on me. I like it way better than the Nexus 6P design. That one is terrible.

shebamehr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

I like it...im tired of the all glass and all aluminum designs. This is...different, and I think its a bold, yet functional design choice!

Nekusta

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

I like it. But I think it'd wouldve been better if they found a way to smudge proof it. Hate finger prints on a phone

aditya suresh

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I remember reading an article that it was going to have a functional use, like being able to open the notification tray by swiping down on it or something, but I guess that's not the case.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading an article that it was going to have a functional use, like being able to open the notification tray by swiping down on it or something, but I guess that's not the case.

You're referring to the fingerprint sensor, which is reported to open the notification shade.

gna

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they want to test how people react to the shiny back. If all goes well, maybe one day they put a full fingerprint scanner behind it so you don't see or have to use the dot anymore?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
What's the reason? It because they're courageous! Lol

Maybe they want to appeal to both the iPhone fans and to the Samsung fans, one with the metal and the other withe the glass. Like someone said earlier, tried to make a bold design and failed at it.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
What's the reason? It because they're courageous! Lol

Maybe they want to appeal to both the iPhone fans and to the Samsung fans, one with the metal and the other withe the glass. Like someone said earlier, tried to make a bold design and failed at it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure during the keynote they said something about the glass being there for style. I was like.....alrighty

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually have a real question. If the glass panel is for RF/nfc reception. Why does the phone still have antenna lines on the metal parts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress