Here's a Laugh For You All

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So my mother has never been very tech savvy, but I always try to help her out with things whenever she asks or gets frustrated with technology.
She has been using an iPhone 5c for the last two years and it was her first smartphone.

She loves taking photos and videos of her kids and grandchildren, and otherwise she uses the phone for SMS/MMS and phone calls and very light internet usage. The 5c only had 8 GB storage and she has been full for quite some time, she can no longer receive MMS and has been very displeased with Apple and her iPhone in general.

I visited home this past week and rrandomly brought up the Google Pixel to her, as I knew her contract with Verizon was up mid-October - perfect timing. My mom did not pre-order the phone, as she wouldn't exactly know how. What was leaning her to a Pixel over the iPhone 7 was the unlimited online storage of photos and videos. Before I left home this weekend, I was unsure her upgrade plans.

Meanwhile, here I am stuck in processing limbo for both my Pixel and Pixel XL, 2 Fi's, 2 protections and a case for each. I placed both orders within minutes of the keynote closing on 10/4 - I've been stuck in processing for the last 36-42 hours, and am absolutely wearing the heck out of the now invisible F5 key (heh - not really, but you get the point).

Every time my phone buzzes, I'm thinking, shipping confirmation? From these forums alone, more and more people who ordered between 10/4 - 10/7 have been getting their notifications, so I must be getting close in the queue or so I'm thinking its the case.

Checks Google Store, FedEx Delivery Manager, Email, etc. - nope... still not shipped.

To bring this story back around, my phone buzzes and again, I'm thinking - shipping notification.
Nope, text from Mom. Oh nice, what's up with her today?

"Hi! I'm texting you from my new Google pixel! I love it <3 thanks for suggesting it ;) "

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
:eek:

So I of course just checked again.
1 of 2 orders has shipped!!!!!! (Google Store Order History), FedEx Delivery Manager is now updated, but no email.

To those as you as crazy as I, Google Store and FedEx update before your email does.

mrsafety7

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Haha that's how it goes! I still think it's a FedEx issue, if Google went with UPS supply chain solutions everything could have been shipped out with immediate notification and tracking.

anon(9227267)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
@11 - maybe if you are good boy, eat your veggies, and clean your room, your mom will let you use her Pixel. Your mom rocks with coolness.....

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Haha that's how it goes! I still think it's a FedEx issue, if Google went with UPS supply chain solutions everything could have been shipped out with immediate notification and tracking.

It is Fed Ex-- I preordered on 10/10 a silver Pixel xl 129 gb phone. On 10/18 Verizon sent me an email as they always do, here's your tracking number, 2 day delivery, blahblahblah. However when I checked and rechecked and you know double checked Fed Ex there was no information after the initial, arrived at the Memphis facility on 10/18. Today, supposedly delivery day, nada.
I called Fed Ex, who muttered and blustered until the second person I got blurted out, We seem to have um mislaid this order somewhere in our facility. So, I called Verizon, who I know has a bad rep but they have never given me anything but great customer service (previous phones bloatware and the prices of plans are another story maybe but no one else covers where I live reliably).Verizon called Fed Ex. Fed Ex called me back with a supervisor after about half an hour. She said they did have the phone and somehow it had been 'dislocated from the proper channels ' and had never left Memphis. And it was all Verizon's fault for telling me a ship date that clearly wasn't going to be met. I said Verizon didn't misplace my phone you did. No no it was all because Verizon sent out tracking letters too early. Um I never in 5 years with Verizon and a number of phones, had them give me misinformation on the tracking dates. But I thought arguing wasn't my best move so I concentrated on making sure (I hope) that it would come tomorrow, and in the afternoon since I rearranged today to be here but couldnt in the morning tomorrow. We'll see. But really, that just seems like a stupid way of dealing with a mistake. All she had to do was say, sorry this happened, we will fix it. I've worked customer service. Blaming someone else for your company's screw ups isn't a good sign.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch