Facebook notifications?

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
On Marshmallow I would get a number associated with the number of notifications on the icon/badge. Now I don't know if I have notifications until I open the app. Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
On Marshmallow I would get a number associated with the number of notifications on the icon/badge. Now I don't know if I have notifications until I open the app. Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

Well my friend that's not happening at my Pixel XL, it's happens at my Samsung Galaxy S6. Pixel is a good phone but not so great at the notifications department regardless if is Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Gmail app or others paid email apps like Aqua Mail and K-@ Mail Pro- Email App.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Well my friend that's not happening at my Pixel XL, it's happens at my Samsung Galaxy S6. Pixel is a good phone but not so great at the notifications department regardless if is Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Gmail app or others paid email apps like Aqua Mail and K-@ Mail Pro- Email App.

Please read the entire thread. I gave a suggestion on how to mirror that Samsung feature on non-Samsung devices.

mikerelvasr8

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I have Android Marshmallow on my Nexus 5 and I don't have the notification number on the app icon. TouchWiz has that built-in, but on stock Android you can only have it with Nova Launcher and the Tesla add-on.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Nope, Google were never fans of Notifications badges, there is 2 way you can have notification badges on your Pixel phone.

Either you install Nova launcher with TelsaUnread like what other suggest, or you can try to install Notifyer Unread Count which you can place the apps you wanted to have notification badges on your homescreen.

Enjoy your Pixel phone then. :cool:

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting to see that so many of y'all believe that badges are Samsung exclusive... It's not!

Plus you don't have to use Nova, other launchers include it as well...

Hmm, but seeing these responses have given me another outlook on ppl who exclusively buy Samsung phones lol

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What other Android OEMs have notification badges then?

Nova may not be the only alternative launcher that has the ability to add them but it's certainly the most popular.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

Nova may not be the only alternative launcher that has the ability to add them but it's certainly the most popular.
I know for a fact HTC has it...

But you're right Nova does seem to be popular around here... I've used aviate and everything.me and both of them includes badges... I think almost every launcher probably does

May 3, 2015
Visit site

I've, had a 6p since day one. And, thankfully, have never had those horrid numbers on my screen!

Kangda

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the 6p now until my Pixel XL comes in next momth. I don't have the number of notifications on the icon/badge with the 6p. I did have the number of notifications on the icon/badge on my Note 4, Note 5, and Note 7.

arthurhkt

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony, Xiaomi, Huawei, Meizu, BlackBerry, ASUS and many more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa