Any pre-existing Fi users having trouble with activation?

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm coming from a Nexus 6 that I've been with Fi on, and I popped my SIM card into my Pixel XL, but when I try to finish the activation, it keeps telling me that the SIM card isn't compatible, and to replace it with one that is. Do I really have to order a new SIM card to get Fi working on the Pixel? Seems a bit silly. Why can't I just pop in my current one?

Edit: So, it appears my service is working, from what I can tell, but I have a perpetual ongoing notification from Fi that it hasn't finished activating, and when I try to finish it to clear the notification, that's when I keep getting the error. Any ideas?

Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thought I read some earlier Fi sim cards from the Nexus 6 would have to be upgraded.

Dang. I just stumbled upon an old article from last year about upgrading Fi sims for the Nexus 5X and 6P. Just went ahead and placed an order for a new SIM. Guess I have to wait another week or so to start using my Pixel til my new sim arrives. v_v

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from a Nexus 6 that I've been with Fi on, and I popped my SIM card into my Pixel XL, but when I try to finish the activation, it keeps telling me that the SIM card isn't compatible, and to replace it with one that is. Do I really have to order a new SIM card to get Fi working on the Pixel? Seems a bit silly. Why can't I just pop in my current one?

Edit: So, it appears my service is working, from what I can tell, but I have a perpetual ongoing notification from Fi that it hasn't finished activating, and when I try to finish it to clear the notification, that's when I keep getting the error. Any ideas?

Use the sim that came with your phone. It won't change your number or anything on your account.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Use the sim that came with your phone. It won't change your number or anything on your account.

What sim? I didn't get one with my Pixel. I ordered straight from the Google store, and I don't recall an option to get a new Fi sim. I know you could apparently order a Pixel through Fi, but I didn't go that route.

Anyway, I placed an order for a new sim, I just hope all sims they send out now are the "new" ones, and that they're not just going to send me an old type sim for my N6. It's just frustrating that I got my new phone but have to wait another week or so to actually use it until I get my new sim. Had I known this was a thing, I'd have ordered a new one last week so I'd have it in time. @_@

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Was their shipping dates accurate? I ordered mine on friday night and said est delivery of Oct 25 or 26. Still says pending.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Was their shipping dates accurate? I ordered mine on friday night and said est delivery of Oct 25 or 26. Still says pending.

Shipping for what? My phone? If so, I had ordered mine from Google right as orders opened up, and with the free delivery option, I was always showed a delivery estimate of 10/26-10/28, though my phone ended up arriving yesterday.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Are you using an ad blocker by any chance.

njgill05

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
That's why I ordered through Fi, I figured it might take a little longer to get delivered which it did, but it automatically came with a new sim. I figured I'd just keep the old 6P for a backup with the old sim in it as I can keep it on the same account because Fi is awesome. The new Pixel XL fired right up and asked it I wanted to migrate my number over to the new device etc and 2 minutes later was all done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non