Dropped my day old Pixel

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Heading up to grab the case that was just delivered, I dropped my Pixel literally 2 minutes before getting my case. I cushioned the fall with my foot but it still cracked the glass on the back and chipped the side.

So I sold it, my phones must be perfect.

Pixel XL? Maybe.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Bummer! I always carry my phones naked (the phone not me :p) and so far have been lucky... I do have insurance just in case. Mine was purchased from Fi so I added their $5 a month insurance to my monthly plan..

I agree though, I would have sold it as well as my OCD would not be able to stand damage..

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the fall was at abut 3-4 feet turning around and closing my car door. My foot helped a lot. The glass on the back is fragile.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I had my case two weeks before I got my phone. The first thing I did was to put it on. I think a glass back is stupid. I thought the 6P got it right.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I had my case two weeks before I got my phone. The first thing I did was to put it on. I think a glass back is stupid. I thought the 6P got it right.

Glass back is sexy though. Now that I've gone back to metal or plastic after the luxurious feel of the Note 5, S7 Edge and Note 7, those feel cheap (even though non-plastic isn't!).

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
From reading the various mishaps people are having with even minor drops I'm wondering if the back glass is more fragile than the front glass which is GG 4 right? Anyone know what rating the back glass panel is?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
That's unfortunate! I would have sold it as well had the glass broke. I had mine 2 days before my case came in. I got 1 tiny nick on the bezel and a few spots where the finish is showing silver. Did not drop it or put it on a hard surface. Definitely a fragile phone but luckily the glass on front and back is flawless on mine. If I were to sell it then I'm scared I'd get a lemon and deal with warranty replacement/exchanging crap and it is not worth it.

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
From reading the various mishaps people are having with even minor drops I'm wondering if the back glass is more fragile than the front glass which is GG 4 right? Anyone know what rating the back glass panel is?
They claim it is gg4, but when jerryrigeverything checked, it scratched more easily than the front.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I had heard in some review that the glass back facilitated the RF/wifi signals to be better. This was one reason for it. Maybe total BS since so many are complaining of bad cellular performance,i.e., weak signals, dropped calls. Why put glass on anything other than the front screen is non sensical. Until they make it bullet proof somehow, phones get dropped, simple logic. Glass backsides are illogical.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have two cases ready and waiting for my Pixel XL. I've never broken a phone, never had anything even close to a catastrophic drop, but Murphy's Law tells me that if I don't immediately get my phone into a case, that's when something bad will surely happen. :D

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have two cases ready and waiting for my Pixel XL. I've never broken a phone, never had anything even close to a catastrophic drop, but Murphy's Law tells me that if I don't immediately get my phone into a case, that's when something bad will surely happen. :D

Just hold onto it and pay attention.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Hey at least you had the drop to blame it on. my buddy had his in his pocket and heard a pop. the back glass shattered randomly. google was glad to replace it for him. only downfall is he has to send his in before he gets them to send one out to him.

matchtrader2000

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine fell out of my pocket from a sitting position, landed on to carpet (not the thickest carpet but carpet nonetheless), and I ended up with a small chip in the back glass. Quite remarkably frail, in my opinion.

BluSurf

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
On my un-boxing I immediately installed the safety glass, I installed the SIM Card and then I popped the clear cover on it. I had plenty of time to order and receive this stuff while I waited for my Pixel XL to arrive. I also have the Fi insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez