ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
d6f5ceae74267dc4cb7bb1e40ee793e4.jpg

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well...

Let's put it this way, I bought a Verizon Nexus 7 once upon a time, and immediately put a T-Mobile sim in it. I didn't receive even one update. I wouldn't trust Verizon with my Nexus updates, and so I wouldn't trust them with my Pixel updates.
I've already gotten them, sooner than many. Sprint service on Best Buy/Verizon Pixel... The Google store Pixel that I have still hasn't gotten it.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone here who is using the Verizon Pixel on a different network tell me if they received the latest Nougat update?

Yes, I received it. After I updated Google Play Services, it enabled a "Check for Update" option on the Software Update screen. After I checked for the update, I began receiving the download.

Nebul0us

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok so this is how it works. The non-google store version of the Pixel has a different bootloader image on it. That is the only difference. There is a method out called dePixel8 that can be used to unlock this non-google store bootloader, but this is expected to be patched in the next update. I really don't understand why anyone would buy a Pixel and not unlock the bootloader.

The updates are driven based off of your SIM card. So if you have a Verizon SIM, you will get a Verizon update.

My Verizon Pixel bought from Best Buy today has no Verizon apps on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa