Date & Time Problem on Pixel XL

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Pixel XL on Verizon that is set to use network-provided date & time. Every day for the past several, at some point during the day the time changes to midnight, or thereabout. The fix is to open settings, date & time, and toggle the "use network provided time" setting, which immediately changes the time back to the correct time, but what gives?? Anyone else seeing this?

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
There's a Verizon tower in Hood River Oregon that reports it's clock 4 hours different than the correct local time, and it's position about 15 miles west. Been like that for over 10 years, they refuse to fix it. Good thing I don't go through Hood River much.
The reason I mentioned this is, it's probably bad hardware at the cell site, and you may be able to open a ticket with the carrier, but it's a crapshoot whether they actually fix it or not.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't this affect any phone connected to that cell? I've never had a date/time issue before and my wife's phone (GS6) doesn't have this issue. Further, if I toggle network-provided time, it fixes the issue. If the cell were giving an inaccurate time, it would remain inaccurate. I'm not sure that's the culprit in my case, but thanks for replying.

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Wow, so nobody else has this issue. I am looking at my Pixel right now at 6:53 am, with the phone showing 11:53 am. Happening every day.

Gameypoo

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
Wow, so nobody else has this issue. I am looking at my Pixel right now at 6:53 am, with the phone showing 11:53 am. Happening every day.

I'm getting the exact same problem, very strange! I will send more tickets hoping it will fix the problem. It's atthe point I can't trust the time displayed on my phone and all my alarms appear as missed.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

ME.
Well, almost.
just got back from a cruise where the ship's network clock must have had problems.
as you say; changing time frequently. Mine was switching one hour seemingly randomly.
Turned off sync with network time and set it to NY time and that did it.
unfortunately, that was always one hour slow.
So had to be pretty careful on any excursions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch