Pixel Photo Storage

stinger16

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
This is probably very obvious but I'm going to ask anyway. When I take photos on my pixel ultimately they end up stored on Google photos. The problem is if I don't have WiFi or an data connection I can't view them. Is there a way of keeping them on the phone too? Thanks for any replies.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is probably very obvious but I'm going to ask anyway. When I take photos on my pixel ultimately they end up stored on Google photos. The problem is if I don't have WiFi or an data connection I can't view them. Is there a way of keeping them on the phone too? Thanks for any replies.

They'll be on the phone if you don't delete them.

Mountain_Man

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Also, if you got into Settings > Storage > Manage Storage you can turn off Smart Storage. That will stop them from being deleted after the number of days that you have chosen.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
It defaults "on" to automatically clean up old photos & videos that have already been backed up. Turn all of that off if you never want the original to leave your phone's physical storage.