Used S7 or Pixel as a secondary phone

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Which would you suggest and why? I know this is the Google forum, but I wonder if anyone here has both or have had both and could give some feedback. Thanks!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Which would you suggest and why? I know this is the Google forum, but I wonder if anyone here has both or have had both and could give some feedback. Thanks!

This may be the Google section in the forum, But its also AndroidCentral so we must broaden our horizons and look at alternatives as well :)

For me personally, i would take the Google Pixel. Couple reasons.

Firstly, i love getting fast software Updates. That FOMO you get when all your friends are running Nougat and only 6 months down the line, it comes to your device. Samsung is usually pretty good with speedy updates so its not a concern, but Google is still quicker (obviously)

Secondly, Performance. Its just unmatched for speed. Everything is so smooth and 'just works' #AppleMoment. Additionally i really like the camera. Once again, the S7 does have a really amazing camera and its not exactly 'far behind'. But just personal preference.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have both. I split my iPhone 7+ and pixel xl as weekly drivers and have a s7 edge backup. All three are great phones. Would go with a s7 edge because it is a great price now and will get nougat soon.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
You are entering a big black hole. There are tons of folks here that have both and are in a vicious cycle going back and forth back and forth between s7 and Pixel. I have Coral Blue S7 Edge and Pixel XL. I wish I only had one lol

But seriously, they are both great phones. Picking a winner over the other is silly and if you have both you will struggle. Stay away from the black hole, no escaping gravity when it sucks you in.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

I own both phones plus the amazing ZTE axon 7. Thats my daily driver now. Selling the pixel and S7 EDGE. You should really consider the axon7. It's spectacular.