Not Dozing

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Read a dozen threads, nothing seems to fit my case so here we are.

I've had my Pixel XL for a week today (yay me!), and I am noticing that although I am getting MUCH better battery life than I ever had with my Samsungs, I'm seeing that my phone is NEVER dozing. On my S5 I could see, overnight especially, a long, flat line with very little drop in battery (maybe a couple of percent overnight). Now, I am not seeing any dozing at all.

Daytime is a different story. I'm up and about, grabbing my phone, doze usually never had a chance to kick in. Night is a different story. I have one alarm set and the phone sits on my night stand. I ran a test last night by leaving it plugged in all last evening so that it was 100% full when I went to bed. I did nothing with it, shut off my light and went to sleep. Woke up, checked the phone, and in the 7+ hours it was sitting silent, it lost 6% of the battery and never flatlined.

Nothing seems out of the ordinary to me on the battery stats. Thoughts? Is there a setting that perhaps I haven't checked yet? Again - I just got it new last week so there's something going on that I can't track down.

Stock Android, not rooted.

Here are screenshots of my battery stats:

Screenshot_20170726-061036.png

Screenshot_20170726-061107.png

Screenshot_20170726-061113.png

Screenshot_20170726-061125.png

Screenshot_20170726-061131.png

Or am I just being a little too hard on my nice new phone and this is normal?

Thanks

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got one update (July security update) the day after I first set it up. Nothing since.

Running 7.1.2

I even disabled BT last night to be sure that wasn't causing any drain.

Sometimes the stock battery stats aren't the best to look at when trying to diagnose issues. GSAM is a good one to use. Something I have noticed by screenshots alone is your cell signal appears to be kind of weak. That alone can kill your battery, Doze or not.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got one update (July security update) the day after I first set it up. Nothing since.

Running 7.1.2

I even disabled BT last night to be sure that wasn't causing any drain.

that scale is 4 days on X axis. thats because u have not used it and was on doze mode for the last 8 hrs when u took it out of charge.
when u use more and when the scale goes to 36 hr or 24 hr then that 8 hr curve would look more flat

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
that scale is 4 days on X axis. thats because u have not used it and was on doze mode for the last 8 hrs when u took it out of charge.
when u use more and when the scale goes to 36 hr or 24 hr then that 8 hr curve would look more flat

I hadn't really thought about that, but it still remains that I'm losing anywhere between 5-10% overnight while my phone is just sitting idle on my night table.

Last night I went to bed with about 70% and woke up with 60%. The graph was back to about 21 hours remaining, and the line was a bit flatter.

Even though the line was flatter, it still wasn't flat like I've seen on my S5 when dozing. I still lost 10% when the phone was doing nothing. I am inclined to believe that's it's due to a weaker cell signal at my house than I get at work during the day. If that's the case, there is not a thing I can do.

Thanks all...

fludkilla

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Try an experiment. Put your phone in airplane mode one night when its fully charged, go to sleep and see if the issue is a weak cell phone signal making your phone work harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38