Oreo gripes

Uracil

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
Having problem with my Samsung note 4. Can't restart, keeps freezing, battery needs to be removed and place back in before power comes on.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, old stuff gets shoved to the bottom and compressed. But if those other useless notifications aren't there that will leave that one big.
Ok, so you're saying this is normal behavior. The fault lies with how many other notifications there are.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
There's another thread on this, but my only gripe with Oreo is that there is no way to turn off the annoying notifications while on a phone call. I use my phone for work and anytime I'm on a call I hear all the beep beep tones every time I get an email or text. This happens even when on vibrate only. There is a Reddit article about it claiming that it was done on purpose and can't be turned off. Apparently someone wanted this. Very bothersome when on a business call, or on speaker or even Bluetooth in my car to hear constant double beeps.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the incall sound notifications... I have a very short, faint vibrate that happens but no sound. No one has mentioned being able to hear it when on a call. I looked through all my settings but couldn't find anything special for in call notifications.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the incall sound notifications... I have a very short, faint vibrate that happens but no sound. No one has mentioned being able to hear it when on a call. I looked through all my settings but couldn't find anything special for in call notifications.

This is the article I'm talking about saying everyone will hear these in call notifications and you can't turn it off.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.xda-developers.com/android-oreo-notification-phone-call/amp/

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Terrible battery life!

My battery life is actually better. I'm using my XL much more than normal, tweaking things and playing with it more with the new OS, and even with the additional use I still have 40 percent or more when I put it I the charger at night.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Terrible battery life!

Definitely agree with you on that point! Very disappointing for me. Having to recharge twice in a day when I have nothing running in the background and don't use a zillion apps. It's almost like any activity I do with my phone it drops a couple of percentages. Never had this on Nougat. Was always amazed at the battery performance on that.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Definitely agree with you on that point! Very disappointing for me. Having to recharge twice in a day when I have nothing running in the background and don't use a zillion apps. It's almost like any activity I do with my phone it drops a couple of percentages. Never had this on Nougat. Was always amazed at the battery performance on that.
Something is wrong with your phone. Do a full factory reset. Make sure all of your apps are updated. My battery was dropping like a rock the first two days. I even started a thread on the matter.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/g...7759-battery-life-plummeting.html#post5938056

Once I reset it, I'm getting battery life like this

1adc4501948067a0d0704b497ffab9ce.jpg

I'm not a particularly heavy user, but my habits haven't changed since the day (or before) I updated to Oreo.

jinnijinn

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Oreo landed on my Pixel this weekend. I hate the fact that opening the lock screen notifications (and subsequent ability to swipe up to go to home screen) now takes four taps instead of two. Is there any way to put it back to the way N did it?

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

Having the exact same issue...not wanting to have to resort to factory reset to fix.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
We will see what happens. What I am wondering is if we are still going to see any kind of Sept update or is that already implemented in Oreo (Verizon here). If we do maybe that will straighten things out a bit or else I noticed that some of my major apps that are draining my battery such as blue mail and a few others have not been updated in awhile. This may be clashing with something thus consuming more battery. Will give it another day or two, if I can hold out that long and if no change then I will have to resort to a factory reset. Also noticed a drop in my signal since being on Oreo too. Had 4 replacement pixels and the last one was finally acceptable to me. I was always in about the -96-100 dBm range. Lately since Oreo I am seeing it jump to -112 and higher again as with my last 3 pixels. Don't know what is causing that, but since July up until Oreo last week I was finally happy without signal issues. Seems to be starting all over again for me

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Also having the signal drops as well, was lucky enough to not have the issues previously with my VZ Pixel but have definitely noticed a drop with 8.0

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else has people mention they've been getting a bunch of texts. 2 people have told me the recieved the same text 7 or 8 times

rleonard10

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Google Play is automatically putting shortcuts on the home screen when downloading a new app. I don't see a setting in the play store to turn that off now.

gerrya

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Google Play is automatically putting shortcuts on the home screen when downloading a new app. I don't see a setting in the play store to turn that off now.

That's under settings on the home screen if you pinch the home screen or a long press and go to settings it's in there