Automating Bluetooth device disconnect

locutor

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I often change Bluetooth devices and it’s a pain to have to manually disconnect the current device each time on my Pixel. And even more of a pain now with Oreo, which buries it a level deeper. I want to be able to tap a macro on my home screen that disconnects the current device. Anyone know how this can be done? I’ve tried both Automate and Tasker and haven’t been able to figure out how to do it. Should be simple.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Pixel stock launcher also allows you to to long press on the home screen and add a shortcut to your Bluetooth settings.

locutor

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but when I long press on the home screen (Pixel launcher) I’m not seeing an option to create a menu item shortcut. It shows three options: Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings (not device settings). I don’t see a widget for Bluetooth settings.

I see I can drag down to get the quick menu, then tap the down arrow, and then the current Bluetooth device to disconnect it (three steps). Just looking to do this in as few steps as possible. A single-tap shortcut would be ideal.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but when I long press on the home screen (Pixel launcher) I’m not seeing an option to create a menu item shortcut. It shows three options: Wallpapers, Widgets and Settings (not device settings). I don’t see a widget for Bluetooth settings.

I see I can drag down to get the quick menu, then tap the down arrow, and then the current Bluetooth device to disconnect it (three steps). Just looking to do this in as few steps as possible. A single-tap shortcut would be ideal.
Sorry for not being clearer. Long press on your home screen and tap widgets. From there you should find a widget for your Bluetooth settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non