Text message application question.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I have been using Textra for a while now and decided to give Android Messages a try again. But what I noticed is that the conversation for my Fiance and I takes a second or so to load in Android Messages because I haven't deleted anything from it for almost 2 years. I noticed I only have the option to delete the whole conversation or one message at a time. So I went back into Textra and started to delete messages from it in there so it would load correctly as I don't want to delete the whole conversation. But I'm noticing when I go back to Android Messages the messages I deleted in Textra are still showing in Android Messages. Do these apps keep separate logs of the messages or did Android Messages just not update yet?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When you open Textra, do yup set it back to the default message application?

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I got it fixed an easier way actually. I backed up the conversation with SMS backup and restore. Then I deleted the whole conversation and restored it only going back to October 2017 which was a lot less text messages and therefore doesn't slow down or take forever to load.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez