My POSITIVE first month with Fi

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
So it's about a week late, but as of the 2nd I had had my new N6 and Fi for a month. I love it. I should preface this with I live in Los Angeles so my experience is probably very different than those who don't live in such highly populated areas.

When I'm using data I'm almost always on T-Mobile LTE. There are a few spotty places it went down to HSPA+ but usually that way up in the SF valley near the mountains so really not surprising. There was one time when my phone switched to Sprint with a weak signal. I used Fi Spy to switch back over to T-Mobile easily. Unlike before, moving between WiFi and data is easy. WiFi calling only sometimes works at my house but is great at work -- not really a big deal to me. Because I'm almost always on WiFi my data was only 1.05GB giving me a bill a little over $30...WAY awesome.

Fi is definitely not for people who have minimal access to WiFi. I was at a work event all last week and used 1GB in four days! I'm going on vacation next week and I'm going to ask for WiFi passwords wherever possible. I'd rather not go over 2GB!

I had T-Mobile for over 10 years and I definitely don't regret the switch. I've had three Samsung Galaxy phones and now that I've had a pure Google Nexus I doubt I'll go back. Have none of that crap on my phone is so nice. And the fact that we'll all have Marshmallow months before everyone else is awesome too :)

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my third month of Fi and am enjoying the experience and the monthly savings on my cell phone bill.

Downwind

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your positive post. I live in L.A. too and I'm waiting to take delivery of the Nexus 5X so I can join Fi. Bye-bye Big Red.