porting number

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
My SIM arrives tomorrow and I'll be porting my VZW number over. Does anybody know long it will take to switch the number to Fi?

Posted via the Android Central App

pr627

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
from what I read some have been pretty seamless and some have taken a few days. be positive and hope it works well. if not constantly contact Project Fi support until its resolved. You can always call a Project Fi expert at 1-844-TALK2Fi

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
from what I read some have been pretty seamless and some have taken a few days. be positive and hope it works well. if not constantly contact Project Fi support until its resolved. You can always call a Project Fi expert at 1-844-TALK2Fi

Thanks for the reply. I'll take the positive approach. Google support was good the two times I used them for Android Pay questions. I'm hoping for a few minutes to port. would suck if I had to go without a phone for a full day, but I would put on my big boy pants and deal with it if I have to. Looking forward to Project Fi and a lower cell phone bill.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
My experience only a week or two ago was very good. It took only a couple minutes and it was working... I was actually amazed that it was that quick... I switched from AT&T.

neilk

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Verizon 3 weeks ago and the number ported in a minute or less. Service has been flawless since then.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I am one of the unlucky ones and porting has not gone well for me. I'm starting to wonder if it is a bad sim card now. I started out with my GV number, and we got it working, but then it would deactivate. I finally decided to have them port my regular cell number and while the number has ported and I have data and text, I have no voice service at all. I'm getting a little frustrated since I do actually use my phone for making calls.

I will say that Customer Service has been very responsive and helpful and I'm hoping to resolve this issue soon.

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was a bit clunky, but Fi ported my VZW number pretty quick. I put in the sim, guessed the PIN and got a message saying they were setting things up and they would let me know when I can use my phone for calls. Half a minute later, I got a voice message welcoming me to Project Fi. I guess this means I'm now on Fi. It says I'm connected to Fi Network in the drop down shade (notification area).

I'll test it out tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

ca_steve

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Useful tip:

I test drove my 5X with a new number before porting. Started the port process a couple of days ago but it didn't complete. It turns out that while you can input the porting info via the Project Fi page on your PC, you have to finish the process via the app on your phone. The first Fi customer service rep didn't mention this step. The second one did and the port completed while still chatting with her.

Joe Benni

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
Porting from TM took less than two minutes after completing the process via the phone. That's the fastest porting I've ever had. Like another responder, I tried Project Fi first prior to porting to ensure I'd have decent service. At this point, I don't think it'd ever go back and I was very happy with TM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez