GN Owners - how is the camera quality?

coskier

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Would love to hear from any current owners as to the quality of the camera in the GN. Sample pics would be even better.

Thanks.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Not a current user so I can't speak personally. However there are a ton of reviews on the internet with picture samples from the camera so you can see for yourself. From what I've seen it's on par with an iPhone camera.

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Not a current user so I can't speak personally. However there are a ton of reviews on the internet with picture samples from the camera so you can see for yourself. From what I've seen it's on par with an iPhone camera.

An iPhone 1? (because you can't possibly mean an iPhone 3GS or newer)

The camera is below average. It's not quite VGA bad, but it definitely needs a much better sensor and higher aperture.

I don't currently own one (it's on its way as we speak), but I'm not expecting much from it.

Google needs to decide to go for the gold with the next Nexus, because a lot of the things that they are screwing up right now (like the camera) are major deal breakers for a lot of people. The best way to get people serious about Android is to get them on a Nexus.

It's silly to me that they would put inferior parts onto a Nexus when they have a better product (imo) than Apple, outside of some of their hardware. (like the Camera, GPU, screen to some degree, and others)

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

The camera is below average. It's not quite VGA bad, but it definitely needs a much better sensor and higher aperture.

I don't currently own one (it's on its way as we speak), but I'm not expecting much from it.

Google needs to decide to go for the gold with the next Nexus, because a lot of the things that they are screwing up right now (like the camera) are major deal breakers for a lot of people. The best way to get people serious about Android is to get them on a Nexus.

It's silly to me that they would put inferior parts onto a Nexus when they have a better product (imo) than Apple, outside of some of their hardware. (like the Camera, GPU, screen to some degree, and others)

Actually its quit good ill post a website comparison when i get home. Its def on par with the iphone 4s

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Josh515

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

I currently own an iPhone 3GS and the camera on the Nexus is much better than the crappy one on my phone. I've seen the comparison shots of the Galaxy Nexus and iPhone 4S pictures, they look pretty similar in a lot of them. It's definitely good enough for me!

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Camera is below average of 2010 phones. Sad but true.

You can take good pictures with it but it takes a lot of effort. Your subject must be stationary for the auto-focus to work (auto-focus on this phone works constantly). I'd say you get the iPhone 4 quality picture 50% of the time, another 50% you get some not so sharp picture. Color reproduction is also rather bland.

But the device is great anyway. One of the best in the market right now.

If you want a device with GOOD camera, better to wait for some other phones.

I'm already planning to buy Galaxy S3 btw due to camera.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Like I said from the pictures I've seen they look close enough it doesn't even matter, in MY opinion. Apparently a few others think the same. The iPhone camera isn't that great either for what it's worth.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I would take a look at the giz article published today about the nexus....has comparison pics and videos between different phones....GSII and 4S are definitely the better looking ones. Google should have stepped it up in this area.

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Like I said from the pictures I've seen they look close enough it doesn't even matter, in MY opinion. Apparently a few others think the same. The iPhone camera isn't that great either for what it's worth.

Yeah, it's definitely a cellphone camera and not a DSLR.

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The actual sensor is amazing, but people dont take their time while trying to take a "good" photo therefore making the camera quality seem poor.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Like the OP requested... Can we get actual owners posting their opinions? Seems every post so far is quoting another source.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Only hoping the constant auto focus deal is the results of many lame pic results.
Is it possible the default camera app may be updated to lay off of the highly touted instant focus deal in lieu of decent, consistent results?
I have a Wi-Fi only (because Sprint here is awful) Epic Touch and the camera is so nice that we rarely use our digital camera anymore. Can't see going g back to a VGA era

Googlett

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine is quite brilliant actually! Well, I am still playing with this thing, but the images I have downloaded last night (by the way, it's dark and dreary in England this time around) are quite good. I guess I would not have noticed any difference had my new GN had 12 mega pixels!
Again, I have only had this thing for a day.

brodieduncan

Oct 7, 2010
about.me
The camera quality is okay on a whole. The video quality is much better than my relatively new point and shoot camera but, it can be a tad grainy sometimes.
The still picture quality lets it down a bit with it being sub-par for Samsung's standards, I would say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

shastrich2005

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think people forget that these are phones that have the luxury of a camera- they are not a DSLR. For taking everyday snapshots with the proper settings, most newer smartphones can take very nice pics. Unless you want your phone to be big with a large lense and have the phone lacking in many other areas, I'd say be happy with what most phones have now. My Samsung Charge can take amazing pics or really crappy pics depending on my settings and patience. I will say the only phones I have owned that had horrible cameras were Motorola phones. The HTC's and Samsungs tend to have better cameras :)

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone notice that the pictures taken with the camera seem slightly brighter than the same one when it is being shown in the gallery? Or is it just me?

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I currently am using a Galaxy Nexus and I have to say the pictures are good. It is very compatible to the first Galaxy S phones. Nothing to write home about. I had the iPhone 4S for about 10 days before selling it after release and bought a International Galaxy S II. Both those phones had excellent picture quality. It is the only thing you can take away from the Galaxy Nexus but I still enjoy my phone very much.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Any chance that the gnexus' camera will improve following a software update? (Or disabling the gimmicky zero shutter lag)

So that the ability to take time to focus will result in better images? Who wants instant focus when the results are mostly on the really bad side

lfeuln

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't expect the camera to be as good as the 4S, but that's ok. I *would* hope for it to be as good as my iPhone 4 which I'm pretty satisfied with. I'm guessing that'll be the case though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non