Face Unlock Feature Can Be Fooled With A Photo

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Face unlock is a gimmick like siri. Its just there for marketing and to get people to buy phones. I use a pin unlock which I believe is the safest. You can see people's pattern code if you hold their phone,screen off, tilted to a light.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't exactly put face unlock and Siri together... Siri actually can serve a purpose (so can face unlock, but barely) that might be useful.

My mom has arthritis and Siri is very useful for her to send text messages. It is hard for her to type even with a stylus and without Siri, she wouldn't be able to send many or even any text messages. Her best friend has what is called an essential tremor and she too wouldn't be able to send texts without Siri.

As for face unlock, it is nice not for security but to be able to unlock your phone without having to swipe it with your finger. Let's you unlock it one-handed. I keep my phone locked, not for security but so that it doesn't accidentally dial someone or start and app or something if I am not paying attention and unintendedly touch the screen. Or if it is in my purse not in a holster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress