Heating up..

nipcarlover

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Galaxy Nexus GSM, realized that the top part of the phone gets heated up while playing games like Fruit Ninja or Drag Racing. It also gets heated up a bit when there is data usage e.g using Twitter for slightly long times..
Is this normal, or is my device bad..?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thats normal.

But check in settings - applications - running - and see if there's something running non stop, maybe causing extra heat.

There are also apps u can get that give you the internal temp - such as set cpu for root users, and i'm sure there are others for non-root if ya google around.

Reactions: nipcarlover

icashinout

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
This happens all the time with phones mine does the same Samsung said it was the processors and if you have it charging and using data

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: nipcarlover

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Every smartphone out there has the same problem. The nexus on the other hand is very slim at the top and I think that causes extra heating. :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
btw those words always make nba jam resurface. and then i hear this in my head:

"he's heating up"

"he's on fire!!"

"from downtown"

"jams it in!"

"can't buy a bucket!"

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. My thunderbolt never gets warm when browsing wifi and neither does the iPhone 4S.

I only had the Verizon Gnex for a weekend, but the heat from the screen and the soc was a major turn off for me.

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. My thunderbolt never gets warm when browsing wifi and neither does the iPhone 4S.

I only had the Verizon Gnex for a weekend, but the heat from the screen and the soc was a major turn off for me.

May be true. But do you have a iPhone 4s? Because when I have played games or used other apps it does get warm.
Not as warm as the gnex though.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
May be true. But do you have a iPhone 4s? Because when I have played games or used other apps it does get warm.
Not as warm as the gnex though.

Had. And yes, actuallly, after a week of using, it did get a touch warm. Nothing like the Gnex though.

Igothakrull

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Had. And yes, actuallly, after a week of using, it did get a touch warm. Nothing like the Gnex though.

Not like the Gnex ofcourse, The iPhone 4s is made of glass and The Gnex out of plastik...

Sent from my awesome galaxy nexus using tapatalk