Slight Camera and Google Now lag from the unlock screen

stimpy01234

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I've installed the new Jelly Bean 4.1.1 update yesterday, and ever since I did that I've noticed that there a 1 or 2 second lag when choosing the camera or Google Now from the lock screen when the phone has been sitting idle for several minutes.

If the phone is in use and I turn of the screen (with the power button) and then turn it back on, the is no lag ...

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yea ... I'm not a real big fan of the Galaxy Nexus camera anyway ... but still with all the news being made about "Project Butter" and all I find this lag slightly annoying ... :p

NexusQ

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have slight lag when opening Google now every once and a while. Can't complain though as that is the only time on Jelly Bean so far that I have noticed lag.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
The Google Now and Camera applications get put into RAM after you open them once, but get dropped every once and a while, so they have to be restarted when you open them. If they've been accessed recently, they'll open quickly from the lockscreen.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
There is pretty much no lag at all throughout the whole os now, but you will see little stutters while opening heavy apps such as the camera and Google now. However, you have to remember that the gnex is a pretty old phone and google has gotten jelly bean to run just as smooth as it does on the quad core nexus 7. I wouldn't worry too much about this little lag though, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

stimpy01234

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
There is pretty much no lag at all throughout the whole os now, but you will see little stutters while opening heavy apps such as the camera and Google now. However, you have to remember that the gnex is a pretty old phone and google has gotten jelly bean to run just as smooth as it does on the quad core nexus 7. I wouldn't worry too much about this little lag though, I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Geeze ... you make it sound like the Galaxy Nexus is a ten year old phone ... it only came out last November... it hasn't even been out a whole year ...

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Geeze ... you make it sound like the Galaxy Nexus is a ten year old phone ... it only came out last November... it hasn't even been out a whole year ...

In the world of smart phones the gnex is an old phone. Believe it or not it's true.

Sent from my jelly bean flavored nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non