Screen edge blue tint problem

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have my new nexus here and I was pretty happy with it until I loaded moon reader, went full screen and realized there is a pretty bad blue tint problem at the very top of the screen that is normally hidden by the title bar. Looks like it is really noticeable when browsing the web in wide mode too.

Does anyone else have this problem? I didn't see this mentioned in any of the reviews.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Seems like it is only a problem at some certain brightness levels, like around 20% where it is dim but ok for relaxed indoor reading.

Pondering an RMA.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
That happens to all super amoled screens. What I do Is when I browse the net is turn to landscape so the notification bar is at the top of the right side. That way it doesn't get as dark of a blue tint there. Or watch a movie for an hour or two and it should fade. But ghosting will always be a problem with this phone.
Also you can find a app that does a full screen image or screen saver. Run that for an hour and see if that helps.

Last edited:

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh so it's not permanent?

Ill look at different ways to use that part of the screen more, maybe it will go away when I am reading books and using the whole screen or something?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
On mine it do sent go completely away but it does get lighter. And once you know its there I can always see it on mine but its very very light blue. Most other people don't notice it but I do. On a white background its the most noticeable. Also the soft keys don't seem to burn in near as bad its just the bar. But when I'm at home I use landscape as much as possible.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about it and I don't think this is burn in, I just got the phone yesterday. Other than that this is exactly as you described, a light blue tint near the top when you have a white screen displayed.

fender7217

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The "ghostig" doesn't look like the notification bar at all though.

I mean it's not going to really look like it, but I'm pretty sure that's what would be causing it.

Do you have the ability to take a decent resolution photo of the screen we could see?

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I can try. Taking pictures of a display with a digital camera rarely works well but this sort of shows it. I was surprised it showed up in the picture and it looks a little bit but not much worse in real life. I read a book for a couple hours in a row today and the tint never changed, over the past day the phone displayed that book more than about anything else. If this was a ghost or somehow burnt in after hours of use I would expect to see the sharp line where the menu bar ends, but this just gradually fades to blue at the end of the display.

GalaxyNexusScreen.png

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
OP, I see what you're talking about and if this happens all the time I would exchange it for a new one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes taking a picture of an LCD with a digital camera rarely works well and with a somewhat subtle picture like that some poorly adjusted and inexpensive monitors may not show it well at all.

Sigh, I guess I will look into the RMA process. Really wish I could walk into a store and exchange it.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will RMA the phone, if no one else has this problem I have a good hope of getting one back without this.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I think that's a good idea, because I haven't had that, and this is a brand new phone for you so you definitely shouldn't be having anything like that just yet at least lol. hang in there, it's a good phone, you just gotta get a better one!

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed something else while reading last night. I was using a black background and dark blue text to reduce eyestrain before going to bed and I came to the end of a chapter with only one line on it, the rest of the screen was black but it wasn't a solid black and had some blotches on it.

I went to the play store and found an app called display test and had it display full screen black h000000 and sure enough there are some darker blotches on the screen.

Yeah, I'll be calling the play store about that RMA today. Hopefully I can get an advance, I like the rest of the phone.

adrivetest

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I noticed something else while reading last night. I was using a black background and dark blue text to reduce eyestrain before going to bed and I came to the end of a chapter with only one line on it, the rest of the screen was black but it wasn't a solid black and had some blotches on it.

I went to the play store and found an app called display test and had it display full screen black h000000 and sure enough there are some darker blotches on the screen.

Yeah, I'll be calling the play store about that RMA today. Hopefully I can get an advance, I like the rest of the phone.

Hey how did it go? I don't think u r the only one having this prob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty