gocthulhugo

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I've got a potentially major problem (brick) with my Galaxy Nexus. Did some searching and haven't been able to successfully perform any of the suggested recovery methods, so figured I'd post and ask for help. Anyway I hate to be the new guy who comes in asking for help, but I'm desperate.

The device keeps rebooting: Google screen starts, then it gets shaky/blurry (moves side to side) and the device reboots. The entire process takes about 5-10sec.

The phone is rooted. I can get to the bootloader screen by pressing up+down+start, but only after removing the battery (that's the only way I can get the device to power down). If I attempt to up+down+start during the reboot sequence it doesn't work (not sure if there's enough time).

My options from the root screen are "start", "recovery mode", "power off" and "restart bootloader". All of these options (except power off) just start the reboot cycle anew -- although recovery mode will take about 20sec for the reboot cycle to start again.

I wasn't doing anything weird or even installing anything when it happened. Put the phone down on the counter and it just started rebooting.

When I plug the phone into the PC, I'm not seeing the device (showing up in device manager as an unknown device sometimes .. not at all others) and adb devices isn't showing it either.

Ideally I'd like to get my data off of the phone, but honestly, at this point, I just want the thing to work again without having to try to go down the warranty route (which will be especially hard with the phone rooted, even if I did buy direct from Google).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you hold down up+down+start, go to recovery mode, then try to factory reset, wipe data, wipe cache. You will lose your data (media should still be there). Try that and see if goes through.

gocthulhugo

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks.

Unfortunately that didn't work. After the process completed the phone rebooted and went right back into the reboot loop.

Any other ideas?

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, might need to flash a factory image and just start all over :/

Here is a guide that will basically put your phone to the way it was when you got it. If that doesn't work... then at least you will have a really nice looking paper weight. :(

jasonjuiceon

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If your search "Odin return to stock galaxy nexus" on youtube. There's a guide that'll flash everything back to stock. You lose everything but you can use the phone again. This is only if u can still go to Odin mode. Power off then hold volume down + power button.

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You can use Martonikaj's sticky for getting the Nexus back to stock. It will wipe all data and return everything to stock takju. It is worth a shot.