FoxFi with GNex?

KlineAJ

Jul 8, 2010
www.KlineAJ.com
Hello,
I have the Galaxy Nexus and I heard people using FoxFi but it doesnt seem to work with me. Can anyone else confirm or deny that FoxFi works with the GNex?

Piecekeeper22

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I was able to get Foxfi to work a bit on Jelly Bean and Verizon Nexus Galaxy using a Bluetooth network connection. My notebook has built-in Bluetooth. If you don't have Bluetooth, you may be able to byy a USB Bluetooth adapter cheap.

In Foxfi, you can enable Bluetooth if you click on the Foxfi Bluetooth button. You should click on the Bluetooth help button in Foxfi to get detailed instructions on how to set it up on you OS.

I was able to connect to the Internet, but I was only getting a little over 1mb when I used to get between 15-20mb with Wifi. I only used it for a few minutes last night and found it a little glitchy. I'm hoping Foxfi will be able to fix this.

Finally (off-topic), I also noticed that IRIS is also not working properly on Jelly Bean on the Nexus Galaxy.

Piecekeeper22

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
"Wifi Hotspot USB Tether" from the Play Store may also work. SVTP is the icon on the phone.

I've just installed it on my Verizon Nexus Galaxy Jelly Bean phone and it says I have a hotspot. I have yet to connect my notebook to. The free version, apparantly, has some nag every 5 minutes, but the paid version $15.00 removes the nag. Waiting a few days to buy the pro version. I hope Foxfi can get theirs to work soon because SVTP already has a solution.