I bought the founders, you?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing text games since the 80's, PC's Consoles and what not. I'm all in on Stadia because of the portability. I get that I won't always have a connection but portability is what swayed me.

I can't take a console or PC with me wherever. I can take my Chromecast and controller wherever I want.

Your thoughts?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I had planned on picking up a Chromecast Ultra at some point anyway, so it was an easy decision. Only downside is that now I won't be able to enjoy the Ultra till November...

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been playing text games since the 80's, PC's Consoles and what not. I'm all in on Stadia because of the portability. I get that I won't always have a connection but portability is what swayed me.

I can't take a console or PC with me wherever. I can take my Chromecast and controller wherever I want.

Your thoughts?

Are you homeless? Why do you need to be so 'portable'?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you homeless? Why do you need to be so 'portable'?
I don't plan on installing Stadia, but I play any time I'm in a waiting room with nothing to do. (Try sitting in an ER waiting room for about 8 hours, learning the patterns of the cracks in he paint on the walls.) So I have the Android forums app, the Quora app and a game on my phone. (Homeless? Far from it. I've owned one or more homes for the past half century. And doctors' offices and ER waiting rooms haven't gotten any less boring in all that time.)

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking... I'm thinking... It's probably going to be a yes from me... Won't be giving up my PS4 for it, but I like the founders package deal so it's probably Go Time!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the Founders edition and am scratching my head wondering if this will be a success or another Nexus Q that currently is a paper weight on my desk

Ravenwjf

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Stadia Founders edition the other day. I travel alot for work, and since this works on the Slate I am sold. It beats packing up my PS4 everytime and hopefully not wrecking it. I played Assassin's Creed Odyssey through the Stream project and I know it works pretty good. The fact that it comes with a ChromeCast Ultra was icing on the cake. If it ends up being a bust, at least it wasn't a huge investment, but for the price, I can't pass it up.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I pretty much only game at home..... unless I go to a friend's house but they all have game systems of their own. I do think Stadia is aimed at the portable gamer, and that could be a very lucrative market if done right ;-)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I pretty much only game at home..... unless I go to a friend's house but they all have game systems of their own. I do think Stadia is aimed at the portable gamer, and that could be a very lucrative market if done right ;-)
As far as smart devices it will only work on Pixels.... Correct?

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
November 19, 4 weeks from tomorrow!

As far as smart devices it will only work on Pixels.... Correct?

In the long run it'll work on nearly any smartphone, tablet, pc... but at the start, the only supported phones will be Pixel 2/3/3a/4 - normal and xl - phones. The original Pixel will not be supported at launch.

You'll be able use it with your TV with Chromecast Ultra as included with the Founder's edition - lower models wouldn't work - and that is currently reported to be the only way to use the controller fully wirelessly, other connections (browser, phone, tablet) requiring a cable connection.

It's also indicated to work on a "computer with a recent version of Chrome browser." I am uncertain as to where the line of what meets the proper definition of a computer is drawn, as clearly phones in general don't meet it, meaning tablets running on Android OS may not as well. Possibly tablets/Chromebooks running Chrome OS? I assume PC's running Chrome browser would be fine, and logically this would extend to Mac, though it would be a very awkward (and strangely, not unusual) circumstance were people able to run Stadia on iPads running Chrome sooner than people with general Android OS tablets.

Still a good bit more to be revealed... Hoping it isn't a bust, but I figure if nothing else the upgrade to the Chromecast Ultra defrays a good bit of the cost.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just got the charge "pending" on my Amex, hoping they ship for arrival on launch, though my delivery date is still estimated for 11/20-11/21.

Getting excited!