SWEET JESUS!!! Update your Revue to Honeycomb 3.1 NOW!

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Revue - Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) - Pastebin.com

Found this link on the GTVhacker (GTVhacker • View topic - Honeycomb 3.1 released for Logitech Revue)

You apparently do not need to be rooted to perform this update. I haven't put it on my revue yet but its being said its got some bugs and you can NOT rollback to a previous version.

Perform this at your own risk! Don't shoot the messenger :)

You should put in bold and big letters that Netflix does NOT work with this. That is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

fletch259

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Does the notifications manager serve a purpose right now? I can see it being used for email notifications etc, but does it function as is?

The options are astoundingly awesome. Remote debugging and just deep options that haven't been accessible before. Notifcations manager, better menu button options when you're in TV mode and when you're in the browser and such. Any requests?

gcantrell

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
You should put in bold and big letters that Netflix does NOT work with this. That is a deal breaker for a lot of people.

I was unaware at the time of posting and I didn't discover that until after i had it loaded. I did however put to install at your own risk. Its pretty cut and dry at that point. If you don't want to risk losing normal functionality and regular apps then don't load it. You always take a gamble running unofficial beta releases.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Does the notifications manager serve a purpose right now? I can see it being used for email notifications etc, but does it function as is?

I'd be willing to take a picture for ya but I'm away currently.

As is right now? Yes it has been working. The only thing that has been working or I should say utilizing it is when you plug in a USB drive it shows up in the notifications area and you can click it to unmount it. When you install applications it shows that they have been successfully installed as well.

If you have an android phone it's very similar to the pull down menu for the notifications bar where you can clear the notifications and such.

Ywmhv.jpg

As you can see right next to the clock is a little bubble and number which shows you notifications that you have and when you click the bubble it brings up another window.

Somebody put out a video: At 50 seconds he shows the notifications. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsIhD442Jzg&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

Seven2k

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lets not worry about Netflix not being on a BETA build. Im guessing that performance enhancements were done first then they start adding other stuff. Remember its beta. Also, we dont know which beta version it is or which phase.

Also for you guys playing mkv's....You can play them right? Just double checking.

donatom3

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
You think the atom cpu could handle .mkv files anyways?

The ATOM CPU used in the Revue, other google TV's and the Boxee Box was designed specifically for media, it has extra stuff on the GPU side to handle 1080p videos.

The CE4150 has a 400Mhz GPU based on the powervr SGX535,
and has hardware decoding of the usual suspects (i.e. MPEG-2,
VC-1, H.264, etc.)

chubbs123

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So this is the beta build and it's still not functioning correctly from what I've seen. So how far off is the official release version? After seeing this I doubt it will be before September. I won't install this because I use Netflix on my Revue. Hopefully either someone will make this build more usable (as in making the market actually install apps) or Logitech and Google will keep releasing these beta builds until the official version of Honeycomb comes out.

Get to it Logitech!

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
So this is the beta build and it's still not functioning correctly from what I've seen. So how far off is the official release version? After seeing this I doubt it will be before September. I won't install this because I use Netflix on my Revue. Hopefully either someone will make this build more usable (as in making the market actually install apps) or Logitech and Google will keep releasing these beta builds until the official version of Honeycomb comes out.

Get to it Logitech!

From what you've seen? Everything that's pretty much already included in the build is pretty functional. I haven't ran into any problems so far besides sideloading a few apk's that aren't supported anyway. As far as "the market not actually installing apps" it's not that the market won't install applications, it's that the applications aren't supported yet for the Revue. Of course sideloading the apk's like I was doing can force them to work for it but like I demonstrated with the snes emulator, the other half which is playing the games just won't work yet.

Overall, if you use netflix all the time. Then yes, this is definitely not for you yet. I'm still trying to hack at getting a netflix application to work though. Will update with any success.

If you can do without netflix though, I strongly recommend this build. It's much smoother and seems even more stable that the previous official build. Along with playing way more codecs than the media player did before.

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
May be a dumb question, how do you sideload an app?

You side load an app by putting an APK file on your flash drive and loading up a file manager application on the Revue and selecting that APK from your flash drive. It will then launch the package installer asking you to install the application or not.

Also, any way to get back into the settings menu to make a change?

You should be able to go home then click the menu button to get into the settings.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I am currently looking into this since its now $99. I have one question for you guys... what would i use this for? Here is what I currently have. 2 PS3's which I play online games a lot, FIOS TV with HD DVR and I watch a lot of football ( NFL) My wife watches the typical Oxygen, Bravo channels. So where would the GTV fit in there? Or how would it be used? Please advice

kentoe

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that .mkv files do play within Logitech Media Player!

This is the file information for my .mkv that I just tested. It shows up and plays via an external hard drive, however I can't find any of my .mkv's via over the network share.

okyPh.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699