Logitech Revue- So, is this it?

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
So I don't want to sound like I'm knocking it, it's by far the best media playback device I've owned, and I've owned plenty, for $99 it's well worth it. But I have to ask is what comes on it all you get? is there no way to obtain and install new applications? I mean they did have the foresight to have a fully functional Chrome with flash so that you can play almost any site anyways so it's not as if it's without the ability to do almost anything, just would like some google tv apps.

I know the honeycomb update is coming and an app store as well, but man , it seems like not having one right out of the gate really hurt the platform.

txyaloo

May 29, 2011
Visit site
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

This thing has been out since October when many of us purchased it... Of course it's hurt the platform since Logitech has dropped the price $200.

The HC update is nice, but it should be been released months ago and not at the end of September.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
At years end expect the Revue to get a Honeycomb update which will add the Market to download more apps. Hope they finally make it have a native file browser for the USB ports or a music player. As of now though we are still the "early adopters" so content is very weak, the iPhone didn't start with video recording and 300,000 apps at launch :p

Sent from my HTC Dream

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hasn't it been nearly a year though?
the price is right, and as I said in the other thread, it plays video formats nothing else but my PC will play, so I'm very happy, just kind of suprised it has not grown more for google tv specific apps.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is the same with Honeycomb, it hasn't grown much and I have a feeling Honeycomb on tablets is capable of much more.

Sent from my HTC Dream

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah this is the same with Honeycomb, it hasn't grown much and I have a feeling Honeycomb on tablets is capable of much more.

Sent from my HTC Dream

Umm, so different. I am not aware of them making a 60" tablet. Revue is meant for an hdtv, not your lap. Also the $300-$500 price difference as well. Sorry, I just don't seem how you can compare the two devices.

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Well i just got mine. So far I've watched dr. Who over amazon instant and im already in love with it. Despite being froyo it works fine i gotta explpre more of what it can do. Silly amazon sent me two, wouldn't have a problem but i was charged for both so i gotta call them to get it fixed.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
You know, I found the stash finally, it was under spotlight..
lots of stuff there, jsut having random onion.com clips is keeping me well entertained.

I showed a friend, he ran right out and bought one... he simply liked the idea of just having tv pip with a web browser so he could surf and watch both on the tv.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
From what I am hearing, Honeycomb could be coming by the end of September. I got mine a few weeks ago when the price point hit $99, and I have no regrets buying it, I very happy with this device. I was going to use that money to replace a failing Roku, glad I got this instead.
Nothing against Roku, but this is much more versatile.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

misfit410

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
From what I am hearing, Honeycomb could be coming by the end of September. I got mine a few weeks ago when the price point hit $99, and I have no regrets buying it, I very happy with this device. I was going to use that money to replace a failing Roku, glad I got this instead.
Nothing against Roku, but this is much more versatile.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt via Tapatalk.

I do agree, I actually got a Roku HD for $30 right along side it, my goal was to try them both extensively and decide which to keep and which to sell, the Roku is the one that will be ebayed.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
The only thing stopping me from getting one of these is the limitations in power of the hardware itself. The fact that it stutters and stumbles with flash-heavy webpages is just a shame. Has there been or can we expect any sort of overclocking on this unit?

Currently I have a media PC which does everything I need, but it's a bit less than elegant. Anything beyond the PiP stuff I can already do as far as I know. The only reason I'd get this is to make it more approachable for other people in my family. Even with the market I'm just worried it will be so underpowered that it will forever be limited in what it can do. If I didn't already have a way to view any and all online content I want I'd jump on this (I mainly run Boxee).
Will the revue have problems running "high-end" android apps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez