BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE logitech review plus TV cam for $129.99

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
BEST BUY has the Logitech review with the video camera for $129.99

Looking at this as a Christmas gift for my parents that live out of state. A good way to video chat.

Question is? Does anyone have any experience with the Logitech web can? Is it any good?

Seems like a nice price for the bundle. I bad planned on getting the Revue for them for Christmas anyway.

Curious on your thoughts?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the bundle last night. Haven't hooked up the cam yet though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would have had that bundle back in Sept..when i bought mine.

I like the idea of having a web can tied into the TV.

Just seems like it would be easier.

ircactus

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I've had this setup going for quite a while. Honestly, I've had a few friends also spend the extra $$ just for the video chat. Honestly I'd have to say that as long as you have a decent internet connection this is as close to high end commercial quality as your sub $200 for the pair can buy. It's simply awesome. Both the audio and video are good and clear. Very little lag if at all. The cam alone is worth the $129.

I hate sounding like such a cheerleader but damn. This unit as a set (cam and gtv) is probably the best ghetto video conferencing solution I've ever seen. Branch to Branch office communications are a breeze and it helps to keep the kids visually connected to grandparents and extended family.

If you can spare the $129 and don't mind knowing logitech ain't gonna do any more work on the thing. Go for it.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had this setup going for quite a while. Honestly, I've had a few friends also spend the extra $$ just for the video chat. Honestly I'd have to say that as long as you have a decent internet connection this is as close to high end commercial quality as your sub $200 for the pair can buy. It's simply awesome. Both the audio and video are good and clear. Very little lag if at all. The cam alone is worth the $129.

I hate sounding like such a cheerleader but damn. This unit as a set (cam and gtv) is probably the best ghetto video conferencing solution I've ever seen. Branch to Branch office communications are a breeze and it helps to keep the kids visually connected to grandparents and extended family.

If you can spare the $129 and don't mind knowing logitech ain't gonna do any more work on the thing. Go for it.

Thanks for the great info exactly what i was looking for.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
the Revue cannot encode the video. Most webcams don't do the video encoding, and leave it up to the computer. The one for the Revue has a processor built in to handle the video encoding. That is one of the reasons it is so damn expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress